Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Home Theater Thread continues

Go to the movies

Quote Originally Posted by hjames View Post
    and we don't really go to the theatre much anymore,
    Go to the movies...it gives you something to come home to

Quote Originally Posted by Fort Knox View Post
    Go to the movies...it gives you something to come home to
    Waste of time - audiences are rude and noisy - on a couple occasions they pretty much ruined films we did go see.

(Wild Bird migration, for one ... The Hours, for another)

With Home theater WE can control the distractions, plus we can have adult beverages and snacks as desired!

But there should be no need to justify a Home theater in a thread called Home Theater Thread Continues -

If you think differently, feel free to start your own thread and defend your choices THERE!
    2ch: WiiM Pro; Topping E30 II DAC; Oppo, Acurus RL-11, Acurus A200, JBL Dynamics Project - Offline: L212-TwinStack, VonSchweikert VR-4
    7: TIVO, Oppo BDP103D, B&K, 2pr UREI 809A, TF600, JBL B460

Waste of time - audiences are rude and noisy - on a couple occasions they pretty much ruined films we did go see.

(Wild Bird migration, for one ... The Hours, for another)

With Home theater WE can control the distractions, plus we can have adult beverages and snacks as desired!

But there should be no need to justify a Home theater in a thread called Home Theater Thread Continues -

If you think differently, feel free to start your own thread and defend your choices THERE!
    HT will never as good as cinema,huge screen,huge space,huge speakers,especially real film colors.so when big fiction on show,i must go to cinema
    46 lover

Quote Originally Posted by martin_wu99 View Post
    HT will never as good as cinema,huge screen,huge space,
    huge speakers,especially real film colors.so when big fiction on show,i must go to cinema
    Again, this thread is not to debate the value of HT,
    start your own thread for that, if that topic is what makes you happy,
    this thread is for believers who appreciate Home theater gear ...

Sure - Cinema and HT each have its purpose - we still have some grand old cinema houses in the DC area -
    I even saw The Dark Knight at the Smithsonian imax theater - the Tokyo arial shots were spectacular on such a high end iMax system -
    but for a lot of movies that frankly aren't so "grand", HT is a fine way to view them.
    2ch: WiiM Pro; Topping E30 II DAC; Oppo, Acurus RL-11, Acurus A200, JBL Dynamics Project - Offline: L212-TwinStack, VonSchweikert VR-4

start your own thread for that if that floats your boat,

Sure - Cinema and HT each have its purpose - we still have some grand old cinema houses in the DC area -
    I even saw The Dark Knight at the Smithsonian imax theater - the Tokyo arial shots were spectacular on such a high end iMax system -
    but for a lot of movies that frankly aren't so "grand", HT is a fine way to view them.
    Float my boat?
    I like Imax cinema too,imax theatre is my first choise for big pictures.
    46 lover

start your own thread for that if that floats your boat,

We do not frequent the cinema either. My family would much rather see the movie in our own HT too!! My kids have been to lots of movies via the cinema but come home saying I sure wish it was on Bluray so we could watch it in our theater Dad!!

Besides, a Soda for $12 and not even a drop of funny juice in it? Not at my house!!

You go Heather!!
    Always fun learning more.......

start your own thread for that, if that topic is what makes you happy,

Cinema became more and more dangerous in US,gun shot again,i undersand why you don't like to go to cinema.
    46 lover

Has NOTHING to do with GUNS, Martin - again, you try and take this offtopic.

This is a thread about HOME Theater - since you won't stay on topic, go to someone else's thread, please.

Cinema became more and more dangerous in US,gun shot again,i undersand why you don't like to go to cinema.

Quote Originally Posted by JuniorJBL View Post
    We do not frequent the cinema either. My family would much rather see the movie in our own HT too!! My kids have been to lots of movies via the cinema but come home saying I sure wish it was on Bluray so we could watch it in our theater Dad!!

Besides, a Soda for $12 and not even a drop of funny juice in it? Not at my house!!

You go Heather!!
    I finally put my theater back together with a few upgrades... 1400 Arrays, 880 Array Center, Anthem electronics and Halcro Amps.... with my old 720p Marantz projector in a moderate sized room on an 8' screen... sound is near SOTA, picture is very good but I've certainly installed far better. All in all it impresses the hell out of those who don't regularly see what a half million dollar+ room looks like.

I still enjoy going to the cinema though... we have a number of magnificent Art Deco movie palaces left and with updated sound and picture, there is just something about "going to the movies".

That said, I popped in The Incredibles the other night and it was a kick in the pants again. I think there is a time and a place for both.

Widget

This is a thread about HOME Theater - since you won't stay on topic, go to someone else's thread, please.
    Sorry,lady,i just want to talk with you freely,not to ruin your post purposely,i like Imax cinema
    But we do so many efforts in our home just to pursue real cinema effective
    46 lover

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Widget View Post
    I finally put my theater back together with a few upgrades... 1400 Arrays, 880 Array Center, Anthem electronics and Halcro Amps.... with my old 720p Marantz projector in a moderate sized room on an 8' screen... sound is near SOTA, picture is very good but I've certainly installed far better. All in all it impresses the hell out of those who don't regularly see what a half million dollar+ room looks like.

I still enjoy going to the cinema though... we have a number of magnificent Art Deco movie palaces left and with updated sound and picture, there is just something about "going to the movies".

That said, I popped in The Incredibles the other night and it was a kick in the pants again. I think there is a time and a place for both.

Widget
    Completely agree - like I said, I stopped going to any old film after a couple of chatty cathys talked through
    Wild Bird Migration, The Hours, and some other films I really wanted to get lost in ... We have some great movie houses in DC,
    and I worked in theaters when I was younger, so I do have a special appreciation for Cinema House -
    but its really got to be a special film for me to take the risk of dropping that much money for a potentially ruined experience.
    So - I can enjoy a ton of stuff at home and that's great for most movies.

Nuff said!

Quote Originally Posted by SEAWOLF97 View Post
    Another benefit to having a home theater is that I'm rarely attacked with popcorn and have to resort to shooting the attacker.

Ex-cop charged in Florida movie theater shooting said victim had attacked him with popcorn

http://www.vancouversun.com/news/cha...139/story.html

apologies for prolonging this OT idiocy, just couldn't resist.
    Forget this,let's go to the topic,but when big pictures such as Transformer on show,i really like to go to movie.
    46 lover

Completely agree - like I said, I stopped going to any old film after a couple of chatty cathys talked through
    Wild Bird Migration, The Hours, and some other films I really wanted to get lost in ... We have some great movie houses in DC,
    and I worked in theaters when I was younger, so I do have a special appreciation for Cinema House -
    but its really got to be a special film for me to take the risk of dropping that much money for a potentially ruined experience.
    So - I can enjoy a ton of stuff at home and that's great for most movies.

Nuff said!
    You worked in theater when you were younger?that's amazing
    If you really like HT,you must have a big big cinema room
    46 lover

In someone else's thread you suddenly started asking ME questions about my gear,
    so I pointed you to this thread and answered those questions here so you could find out specifics.

Now you are just jabbering away and you haven't even looked at this thread to see if that is true ...

If you really like HT,you must have a big big cinema room
    Look at the pictures - Heck, look at my Avatar -
    does it LOOK like I have a really huge theater room in my house?

Please don't post in this thread again, you seem unable to stay on topic or make sense.

I do not live in China and I have (unfortunately) never been in USA.
    But I'm pretty sure the news from TV are not giving the right picture of living in USA.
    Just my 2ct,

Thread Information