DAMN DAMN DAMN - this post had PARAGRAPHS when I first loaded it ... Forum software is BROKEN!!

This thread started with a pair of beater 4320s I got off ebay and drove to a Philly suburb for way back in 2006 http://www.audioheritage.org/vbullet...6-4320-Project

I added some 2050 cabinets and tried to upgrade them to "discrete 4 ways" along the way, and moved them into L200 cabinets that turned into a secondary home system when I found a great deal on a pair of actual JBL 4341 Studio Monitors being sold off by a recording Studio in York PA. http://www.audioheritage.org/vbullet...-4341-Monitors

That system grew and was modified into a biamp config, at one time nearly the whole room was JBL - speakers, power amps and JBL/UREI crossovers ... but that changed over time.

Now, in an urge to simplify, I've sold off the 4341s, the L100T/3 sides and soon the LC2 center ... I've moved the hanging L20Ts up to my office, and the only thing JBL left in that room now is the 18 inch 4641 sub ...

I've switched nearly the whole room over to DCM Time Frame transmission line speakers from an out of production firm from Ann Arbor, Mi.

Even sold off the Dahlquist system I was playing around with upstairs yesterday afternoon ... Tho I still have the L200 based 3 way system - doubt I'll ever get rid of that ... but again, thats the upstairs system with Toobes ...

Anyway - I took Emma to brunch Saturday, the usual Dim Sum place in Falls Church, VA. On the way back we followed a sign for a yard sale - and - mixed among the pewter and crafty stuff, was a Salamander Chameleon Sonoma cabinet. Its a 3 bay mission style AV console kind of cabinet in a cherry finish. It looks like a laminate wood product, but its built on a metal framework underneath ... It had a couple of dings and scratches, and was priced at $175 ...

I asked him how flexible he was on the price but he said very firm ... so I moved on to look at other stuff. After we bought enough nick nacks - I looked around and he was gone, just his wife was taking payment for housewares and such - So, on a whim - I wrote $120 on a business card and gave it to her and said if he doesn't get any other offers, I'd be interested at that price. I've actually downsized the gear enough that I could fit it in that cabinet - but I wasn't sure I could really make use of it - and ... its 64 inches long! I wasn't even sure it'd fit in the CR-V to get it home!

Well, by the time we got home they'd already called and accepted my offer (!) but we had some other stuff we had to do first so we did that. I googled this cabinet online and found they were stupid expensive ... but people liked them. Bottom line - I measured the CRV and found it would just barely fit ... so back we went, loaded it up, and brought it home.

All the metal internal structure means ITS HEAVY ... I called around and no one local had the accessory wheel kit that sells for $100 ... But the feet had little screw level adjusters - nearly the same size as a set of 4 casters I had gotten for another project. So I took the feet off the base, drilled the center hole slightly larger and put casters on each of the feet while it was still in the back of the truck!

So I took the feet off the base, drilled the center hole slightly larger and put casters on each of the feet while it was still in the back of the truck! We unloaded it Sunday morning, rolled it down the driveway and the sidewalk through the kitchen and into the TV room ...

Spent most of the afternoon/evening tearing down all the amp and interconnects in the old racks, and moving everything into this system -
my plan was to have just the Denon TT and the center channel speaker (DCM TimePiece) on top! Plus the Wii and a pair of bunny ears for FM as well!

Still have to get the old SCAN Teak rack out of here - and will eventually make a nice wood "sleeve" and grill for the 4641 subwoofer -
it works GREAT but I'd like it a wee bit more furniture-like and less theater/industrial.

And now I need to center the TV - move the wall bracket at some point!!

Eventually I'll pull all the blue rug up and redo the floor with a hardwood floor pergo type product - its just a concrete slab underneath.

The AV fun never ends!

Name:  Salamander_6292.jpg
Views: 2755
Size:  81.8 KB Name:  Salamander_6290.jpg
Views: 2474
Size:  72.0 KB Name:  Surround-gear.jpg
Views: 2939
Size:  61.6 KB