Thread: Search problems for noob

Search problems for noob

Hi all. I don't think I've ever posted here before, but I've lurked quite a bit. I have some questions/problems with the search function that I'm hoping someone can help me with. I've been trying to find posts/info about JBL L40's. When I search for them here it brings back zero results. But if I search the site using Google it returns over 1400. What am I doing wrong, or what is the trick to get better (any?) results? Thanks in advance for the help.

Just use Google Advanced Search. The site search is, well, challenged. I know it can't handle keywords with less than 3-letters, and maybe it can't even handle 3, so "L7" is out and maybe "L40" is, too. Even "JBL" doesn't work. "4345" does! Google advanced gives you the ability to search by domain (Audioheritage.org) and just works. Use it.

And Welcome!
    ". . . as you have no doubt noticed, no one told the 4345 that it can't work correctly so it does anyway."—Greg Timbers

Quote Originally Posted by BMWCCA View Post
    Just use Google Advanced Search. The site search is, well, challenged. I know it can't handle keywords with less than 3-letters, and maybe it can't even handle 3, so "L7" is out and maybe "L40" is, too. Even "JBL" doesn't work. "4345" does! Google advanced gives you the ability to search by domain (Audioheritage.org) and just works. Use it.

And Welcome!
    That's pretty much what I did at Google via the domain. In fact, you don't really even need to use advanced. At the regular search box just type: site:audioheritage.org followed by a space (after .org, or whatever domain you're searching--even Craigslist) and then your query, and that will do the job.

But thanks, and hello!

Thread Information