Thread: If I were recon d130..

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

If I were recon d130..

If I were recone woofer d130

What about these products go?Be recommended on?

Where can I get the original jbl C16 RE130 recone kits?

Or better, please tell me how to.

Thanks~~

http://www.soundspeakerrepair.com/mm...y_Code=KIT-JBL

I am no expert on D130 or reconing, but I have read some. Hopefully you will get help from someone more experienced.

If the cone is broken you will need a replacement cone. But if the paper is ok, the voice coil can be repaired. If you can find someone who is skilled in repairing och winding new voicecoils.

If you are repairing or replacing the cone, you better recharge the magnet also. For recharging the magnet you will need to find a shop with a remagnetizing machine.

The original cone replacement is not made anymore. The original cone is with paper surround (like the one you found). This cone is a few grams lighter, and will go higher, than the cloth surround replacement cones that fits. The paper surround cones sound a bit different, so if you are seeking the D130 orignal sound you will have to repair the original cone or use the one you already found. If you only want a working speaker an E130 replacement cone will do.

Contact Orange County Speaker Repair for price on a E130 cone. It will not be cheap though :-). You can chose between a aluminium dust cap (for instrument use) or a paper cap (for hifi use), but you need to ask for an extra paper dustcap.

If you plan on replacing the cone yourself, get a cheap speaker to train on. First remove the cone, and then put it back on. If you are skilled you will be able to do this a few times before the cone is ruined. It is important to get the voice coil centered, and the spider without tension. This guide will help you:
    HOW TO RECONE A B&C SPEAKERS' LOW FREQUENCY DRIVER

Google is your friend, this link contains everyting ever written about D130 on this forum.

Thread Information