I've been fascinated by horns for a long time now but haven't made the move. I must confess I haven't even heard a set in the home environment. I've been mucking around with large speakers for about 6yrs now, starting with a pair of Tannoy Berkeley 15" Dual Concentrics. Then I made a pair of 5ft tall monsters (12" fullrange with FT17H tweeter in a sealed 3cft cab and a 15" in its own sealed 7cft cab) Now I'm using the 12" fullranger in smaller 'onken' derived cabs.

I just love the ease with which big driver/high efficiency systems produce music. The latent power reserves and speed with which it can be bought to bare are addictive! That and I am addicted to http://www.youtube.com/user/hosoken007/videos

I have 2 pairs of 802/811b's available for about the same money. One is in the US and the other over here in the UK. The US pair look to be in better general condition. I'll be diy'ing the cabs & crossover.

I have a few questions if I may? (thats not one of them)

1) I can't find much on the sound of the 802/811b combo - whats it like at home?
2) is the 802/811b a good/great system to get into or would I be better off saving for something a bit more modern?
3) what are the costs & skills needed to replace the diaphragm etc?

Many thanks in advance

James