Quote Originally Posted by tarior View Post
As far as I'm concerned, JBL cone kits haven't been worth the $$ for some time. The ones that are available (at least the ones I've seen and spent the big bucks on) are put together in Mexico from the same off the shelf aftermarket parts that all of the generic reconers use. If I can't get the exact cone, I will reuse your cone and just replace the . coil and spider. I do it all the time to preserve Aquaplas coated cones, as many of those are discontinued now as well.
You've exposed your hand by your own non-JBL, non-authorized inexperience. The 104H is a polypropylene cone with no AquaPlas. Nice try at BS'ing your way through, though.

The Mexico production recone kits are not using the same aftermarket parts as all the other AM reconers. They are still proprietary produced parts. The QC problems have been isolated to the OEM assembly tolerances. The non-conforming parts are rejected by the authorized Service Agencies that have Legacy experience.

I have not yet seen an AM supplier that can deliver Legacy results. Too many compromises which lead to under performance. Just because it fits is no guarantee that it works to JBL specs.