Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: LE14H-1 and LE14H-3 pics

Bolts.

What kind of bolts, should I use? Could you post some Pictures of them....? Please. I`ve tried the local JBL-dealer, but there was little help - since Array is no longer in stock.

From earlier threads - I`ve understood that I cannot use the old ones......

Can I use the original screws?

[ATTACH]70406[/ATTACH

This is the original

Can I use these? Or should I go for something else?
    Attached Images Attached Images  

They just need to be a little longer (5 to 7 mm maybe?) and a socket head or pan head instead of the flat head.

Thanx!

I'll try the local hardware store tomorrow! By the way, just got my EC 4.7 back from service today! Wow! That was fun!!😋😋 I also use the EC250R and EMC1Up, when I play stereo, a nice combination! Boris Blank and Yello are often played!!👍👍☕️☕️

When installed mine I had to the longer screws. I didn't compare the 2. At this time I hooked I think 3 different 250 2 with 1 and 1 with 3 , ran through a velodyne SMS as a subwoofer and got 3 vey different results, my 250s are not consitant sounding . Different x overs , rebuilt ,some charge coupled w tibq ...they just aren't right so I am not good example to use
    Changing to Legacy Audio and started with a Silver Screen HD for my center between the 250TIs

Thanx 250ti followers

I' m reading all the answers with joy! JeffW - I' ve found new screws at the local hardware store, with a flat head and 7mm longer! So if I'm lucky, the woofers will arrive before Easter and I can start engineering wow!! 250ti owners are so lucky, where can you find that that titanium sound? Beats me!! I played Fluke, yesterday, and the song "Mosh" must have been written for the 250ti's

Quote Originally Posted by rdgrimes View Post
    I think the 1st page of this tread answers any questions about mounting. Sonically there shouldn't be any difference.
    Not sure how this applies to the LE14-3, but here was Greg's reply from another thread on the 250 towers:
    Quote Originally Posted by gtimbers View Post
    The biggest issue with the 250's is the failure of the woofer surround. If you can get the unit reconed or refoamed things go back to original. The LE 14-3 has a rubber surround which doesn't wear out. Although it uses a thicker frame, it will mount into the enclosure. The grille may or may not fit, however. The problem with this substitution is that the -1 woofer is about 1 dB lower in sensitivity. The LE 14H-4 is too loud by a dB.
    ". . . as you have no doubt noticed, no one told the 4345 that it can't work correctly so it does anyway."—Greg Timbers

Ok.

What does Greg mean by that, will I have problems with getting the same deep bass? Or will the -3 woofers be too paunchy/loud?

Primus

The -3 will produce a small amount more bass than the -1, but 1dB isn't a huge amount. Not long ago the -3 was even mentioned as a acceptable replacement for the -1 in the 250Ti.

Try this post

http://www.audioheritage.org/vbullet...l=1#post145299

Once again, many thanks!!

I see what you mean! Now there' s only one thing to do: be patient and wait for the woofers to arrive!! Meanwhile I' m playing Leftfield' s last album😋😋🔊🔊

This is strange!!

Have anyone of you, members, experienced big delays from Harman? It`s been 3 -4 weeks now, since I ordered the LE14H-3 woofers.....

I have ordered the woofers from a Scandinavian country and they are claiming that Harman says they have the woofers, but can`t tell when the woofers will arrive....!!??

I don; t understand, don`t they wanna make Money?

Quote Originally Posted by Primus View Post
    Have anyone of you, members, experienced big delays from Harman? It`s been 3 -4 weeks now, since I ordered the LE14H-3 woofers.....

I have ordered the woofers from a Scandinavian country and they are claiming that Harman says they have the woofers, but can`t tell when the woofers will arrive....!!??

Lol, don't get me started. Short version, you are still about 49 weeks away from my last experience.

Quote Originally Posted by Primus View Post
    My last JBL woofer order took over 7 months after the order was accepted. Apparently they don't see selling a few hundred raw drivers a year as making money... not that Harman deserves any breaks, but my experience with TAD has been very similar.

That said, if I order a JBL finished goods order, say a K2 system or the like and it will arrive in days.

Widget

Ok.

Thanks! I see...and I who ran through the local hardware stores, in order to find the right screws, before the woofers would arrive...

I cross my fingers, and hope the LE14H-1 woofers will survive the NeXT 49 weeks.....

Primus.

Finally!!🙏🙏👍👍

Name:  image.jpg
Views: 623
Size:  60.6 KB

Thread Information