Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New member saying ...hello!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

New member saying ...hello!

Hi guys & gals,
    I was doing a little research on JBL and ran across this site. Lots of great stuff! I'm a long time JBL fan, starting in 1978 I bought a pair of new L100a speakers. Still have them and sounding great! A few weeks back I bought a new Mac amp (300 wpc) and was thinking of replacing my L100s (my son wants the 100s...funny, these are the same speakers I had to make sure he kept his fingers out of when he was a small child.) What "newer" JBLs would you guys recommend? How the 'bout 250Ti ?

Oh, this has nothing to do with older JBLs, but how come Harman/JBL won't sell their new studio monitors here in the U.S.?...kinda dig'n that 4365 monitor.
    Thanks and good to meet all of you, Mark

Quote Originally Posted by Mark's JBLs View Post
    Hi guys & gals,
    I was doing a little research on JBL and ran across this site. Lots of great stuff! I'm a long time JBL fan, starting in 1978 I bought a pair of new L100a speakers. Still have them and sounding great! A few weeks back I bought a new Mac amp (300 wpc) and was thinking of replacing my L100s (my son wants the 100s...funny, these are the same speakers I had to make sure he kept his fingers out of when he was a small child.) What "newer" JBLs would you guys recommend? How the 'bout 250Ti ?

Oh, this has nothing to do with older JBLs, but how come Harman/JBL won't sell their new studio monitors here in the U.S.?...kinda dig'n that 4365 monitor.
    Hi Mark, and welcome. I still have my original L100 Century pair. My kids can have them when I'm... committed to the asylum.

I'm sure you'll get lots of suggestions about what you should get next, but I'd suggest you look around the site a little more and read some of the more enthusiastic threads to see what's been going around. There's no lack of opinions on current and past models.
    Out.

Quote Originally Posted by Titanium Dome View Post
    Hi Mark, and welcome. I still have my original L100 Century pair. My kids can have them when I'm... committed to the asylum.

I'm sure you'll get lots of suggestions about what you should get next, but I'd suggest you look around the site a little more and read some of the more enthusiastic threads to see what's been going around. There's no lack of opinions on current and past models.

Thanks for the welcome and the more I think about giving my son the L100s the less I want to......I keep thinking back when he was a teen and all $!!t the wife and I put up with..lol!

Rest In Peace...

R.I.P. Carroll Shelby

When I die, please bury me in my '10 Mustang Shelby drag car....next to the drag strip.

2-channel music and drag racing are my passions.

I'm going to try one more time and ask about the teak finish 250s, if no go I may just go for the L.E. 250s if it's not to late. What the heck it might be fun and educational to refinish the enclosures and have the drivers looked at and repaired if needed...

Mark
    McIntosh~452~C48~MR88 / PS Audio PWT~DSD / JBL 4365 Studio Monitor ~ 240ti ~ L100a / Proud JBL owner since 1978!

That's the spirit!
    Out.

They do have this in the US!!
    http://www.jblsynthesis.com/Products/Details/149

But I really like my 250's as well. There is lots to choose from.

Hi guys & gals,

Always fun learning more.......

Quote Originally Posted by JuniorJBL View Post
    They do have this in the US!!
    http://www.jblsynthesis.com/Products/Details/149

But I really like my 250's as well. There is lots to choose from.

Hello......Would love to,but....

I'm thinking of that old song... (sung with a heavy accent)... "If I were a rich man...

Update: Sorry I've been busy, under my Cobra taking out the 6-speed manual transmission and installing a automatic. On to the real news....I contacted the guy with the 250s and for some reason he won't talk about the teak finish 250s. and the L.E. 250s are gone. When I think about it I'm not sure I would have had the skill/talent to wire the crossovers/drivers. To refinish them they would have had to be gutted and taking things apart is no challenge but putting back together that's another story... I'm no electrical engineer. I know that the JBL approved repair in town charges 95 bucks an hour...ouch! Oh well, all water under the bridge now. I'll keep searching for a pair of teak 250s...

Mark
    McIntosh~452~C48~MR88 / PS Audio PWT~DSD / JBL 4365 Studio Monitor ~ 240ti ~ L100a / Proud JBL owner since 1978!

... under my Cobra taking out the 6-speed manual transmission and installing a automatic.
    Why? Did you break your left leg? THis would be the equivalent of swapping some JBL speakers for a Bose...

Quote Originally Posted by Lee in Montreal View Post
    Why? Did you break your left leg? This would be the equivalent of swapping some JBL speakers for a Bose...
    My brother made quite a good living building high performance automatic transmissions for the local drag racing crowd.
    He did well with his 64 Chevelle big block, but sadly, I was more interested in roadracing and F1, and never did go see him drag racing "in the day",\.
    Bracket racing and drag racing is so much different than what I used to watch from SCCA and MARRS folk.
    2ch: WiiM Pro; Topping E30 II DAC; Oppo, Acurus RL-11, Acurus A200, JBL Dynamics Project - Offline: L212-TwinStack, VonSchweikert VR-4
    7: TIVO, Oppo BDP103D, B&K, 2pr UREI 809A, TF600, JBL B460

I never bought a pair of used JBLs, so what might be the 'going' rate on a pair of 250Ti in good - very good shape. Are there resale value books out there like for cars & trucks? Thanks...

I do not know of any realistic books but the 250's seem to go for $2-3000 a pair + shipping.
    Always fun learning more.......

I never bought a pair of used JBLs, so what might be the 'going' rate on a pair of 250Ti in good - very good shape. Are there resale value books out there like for cars & trucks? Thanks...
    recent trends have been in the $2000 to 2300 range.
    Some kind of happiness is measured out in miles

Thanks guys. There's a pair in town for 1800, I may pull the trigger if it's not to late.

Thread Information