Thread: Vintage Jim Lansing Speaker Identification, information & Value?

Vintage Jim Lansing Speaker Identification, information & Value?

Hello,
    Recently found this vintage speaker that one of our tenants left behind.
    The cabinet is walnut and shaped to fit in a corner of a wall.
    Its in very nice shape.
    I popped it open to see the speakers inside and I attached photos of what I found.

Can someone please tell me what I have exactly? When was it made and its approximate value?
    I may keep it because it looks so cool, but Im wondering how hard it is to find a matching speaker for stereo.

Thanks!

This is a wonderful site, and welcome.

This site also has tons of information most of which is very easy to find, if you just spend a few moments looking.

It looks like you have a C34 cabinet with the 001 load: http://www.lansingheritage.org/html/...alogs/1957.htm

It's a great combination and singletons pop up from time to time. Expect to pay for a mate though, or build a copy.

More photos would help but some details in yours might indicate they were home-built already. Back then JBL supplied plans and many home craftsmen would build their own. I'd suspect the wiring in yours and some of the hardware as not being typical of factory builds but others will know better.
    ". . . as you have no doubt noticed, no one told the 4345 that it can't work correctly so it does anyway."—Greg Timbers

Quote Originally Posted by BMWCCA View Post
    This is a wonderful site, and welcome.

This site also has tons of information most of which is very easy to find, if you just spend a few moments looking.

It looks like you have a C34 cabinet with the 001 load: http://www.lansingheritage.org/html/...alogs/1957.htm

It's a great combination and singletons pop up from time to time. Expect to pay for a mate though, or build a copy.

More photos would help but some details in yours might indicate they were home-built already. Back then JBL supplied plans and many home craftsmen would build their own. I'd suspect the wiring in yours and some of the hardware as not being typical of factory builds but others will know better.
    Thanks for the info. I googled c34 and it looks exactly like the cabinet I have.

Annt, according to the serial number code in use at the time your D-175 was made in July 1955 and your 130A was made in September 1955. You can enjoy it in mono for now while looking for for a second one. This cabinet and driver complement was fairly popular at the time, so there are quite a few out there.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Schell View Post
    Annt, according to the serial number code in use at the time your D-175 was made in July 1955 and your 130A was made in September 1955. You can enjoy it in mono for now while looking for for a second one. This cabinet and driver complement was fairly popular at the time, so there are quite a few out there.
    Thanks for the info. Your dates make sense, as their is the number "55" written by hand on the back of the woofer cone

Thread Information