Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: My JBL-DIY "Super-L100T"'s !!!

I have never made the mod myself, but I am sure others that have will shim in.
    In the meantime here are some links:
    http://www.audioheritage.org/vbullet...l=1#post319506
    http://www.audioheritage.org/vbullet...AQUAPLAS/page2
    http://www.jblpro.com/catalog/genera...px?FId=6&MId=5

Cool

I had no idea RCA and Digital cables have so much effect in the sound!
    Last week I got a nice pair of RCA cable with a digital cable.
    (I am using a Marantz SA-14 as transport for the RegaDac. My amp is the SimAudio Moon 220i.; only 40 wpc, but very high current and very well built, quite adequate for the L100T's.)

The little problem I had with the mid-to-high frequencies just faded away. The crappy video-cable I was using as digital cable must have been most responsible for the problem in the sound.

I don't think the 052Ti's need any modification, nor does the cross-over Frank has made for them... The tweeters are just very accurate and revealing, so they need to be set up right.

All I had to do was to get these JBL's 2 ft away from the wall and tune the L-pads to my taste!!! ... The sound simply got perfect: Really smooth and warm, but with outstanding clarity and dynamic. I finally got it right!

Sadly, I am very happy and satisfied with my system now...

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by ramin_audio View Post

Sadly, I am very happy and satisfied with my system now...
    One thing I did to my L100T's (aside from the T3 crossover changes) was to replace the stock cardboard port tube with the 4" flared version. I also added a brace inside at the bottom that became a baffle for the inside flared end of the port tube. The bass seems ever so slightly cleaner with the modification. Could be the effect of the brace on the box flexing, or the baffle reducing distortion, or both, or perhaps the huge inductor I used for the T3 mod...

Box looks sorts like this in side view:

| | |
    | |=|
    | | |

The brace ties the bottom panel to both sides, and via the port tube, the back panel.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Mike Scott in SJ, CA
    Drive 'em to the Xmax!

Quote Originally Posted by 4343 View Post
    One thing I did to my L100T's (aside from the T3 crossover changes) was to replace the stock cardboard port tube with the 4" flared version. I also added a brace inside at the bottom that became a baffle for the inside flared end of the port tube. The bass seems ever so slightly cleaner with the modification. Could be the effect of the brace on the box flexing, or the baffle reducing distortion, or both, or perhaps the huge inductor I used for the T3 mod...

Box looks sorts like this in side view:

| | |
    | |=|
    | | |

The brace ties the bottom panel to both sides, and via the port tube, the back panel.
    I still have the original cabinets. I first wanted to brace the cabinets, but they seemed very alive. I used to put my hand on the front baffle (below the woofer), and there were too much vibration. I also didn't like the way cabinets looked... not minty. So, I made new ones. The new cabinet is made of 1" MDF and heavily braced. I made the bottom end double layered. I used flared ports too. I also glued 6mm neoprene sheet on the front baffle. I got the idea from the XPL200. (The drivers look very cool on the neoprene.) The bass is night-and-day different; very clean and realistic, tight and warm. The L100T's tended to "shout" at me in the mid and high freq's. This was also gone.

Thread Information