Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: JBL 4435 vs 4343 Opinions?

Lightbulb JBL 4435 vs 4343 Opinions?

Hi all,

A set of 4343's have recently popped up for sale in the neighborhood and as an owner of a set of 4435's i'm wondering if the 4343's would bring anything extra to the table or would this be a lateral move at best?

Thanks for the feedback!

P.

Quote Originally Posted by DonBocadillo View Post
    Hi all,

A set of 4343's have recently popped up for sale in the neighborhood and as an owner of a set of 4435's i'm wondering if the 4343's would bring anything extra to the table or would this be a lateral move at best?

Thanks for the feedback!

P.
    I would, personally, consider the 4343 an upgrade, but I think it is largely a matter of personal preference.

Paul

Quote Originally Posted by Champster View Post
    I would, personally, consider the 4343 an upgrade, but I think it is largely a matter of personal preference.

Paul
    I miss my 4435s more than 4345s …. 4435's had far better off axis sound for home use …. Just my 2 cents worth .

I If I had them still i'd be looking to put a Be based CD in there .

Rich

I have 4343's and 4430's, and am generally more satisfied with the sound of the 4430's - they image much better. The 4343's have a smaller sweet spot and don't have good image focus even there. I also think the 4430's have more HF Detail, though they have less HF output. However, I am not in love with either in this regard, and so have a set of TAD drivers waiting to try in the 4430's and S3100's to see how much improvement I can get. However, up loud, the 4343's have more punch. If I were to get rid of one pair, it would be the 4343's, but I'm more of a HiFi dude and low level listener - not really the 4343's intended customer.
    That the internet contains a blog documenting your life does not constitute proof that your existence is valid. Sorry.

Thanks for the feedback...looks like I'll have to hold out for a set of 4345's :-)

The 4343 doesn't image at all but the sound has a lot of depth (at least to my ears).
    Yes, the sweet spot is very small but it doesn't matter to me because my listening position never changes.

The BiRadials sound smoother and throw a bigger soundstage but I like the older designs more, they are FUN!

I'd jump on em if the price is right and upgrade the units to 2441, 2122/23 and 2235H, probably a pair of new CC networks would make an even bigger difference.

Oh yes and for me the 4343's have the looks to die for

4343 horizontal disparsion

Quote Originally Posted by martin2395 View Post
    The 4343 doesn't image at all ...............
    Yes, the sweet spot is very small but it doesn't matter to me because my listening position never changes.

The BiRadials sound smoother and throw a bigger soundstage but I like the older designs more, they are FUN!

Hi martin2395,

Are You using 2308 lenses on the mentioned 4343, boxes?
    I have just opposite feeling while listening 4333.....
    I have experience that 2308 lenses have wide dispersion angle in the horizontal plane.

Regards
    Ivica

Quote Originally Posted by DonBocadillo View Post
    Hi all,

Thanks for the feedback!

P.
    I like the sound of 4343,the image of 4435.
    46 lover

Quote Originally Posted by ivica View Post
    Hi martin2395,

Are You using 2308 lenses on the mentioned 4343, boxes?
    I have just opposite feeling while listening 4333.....
    I have experience that 2308 lenses have wide dispersion angle in the horizontal plane.

Regards
    Ivica
    Hi Ivica,

Yes, I do have the 2308's but with H93 horns and 2441 drivers behind em. They sound big and spacious but that doesn't mean that they image good

Maybe a different design of the lens would help?

Go to jbl43.com and search for video clips for 4343 and 4430 or 4435. I'm sure you'll come to the same conclusion...

Quote Originally Posted by ngccglp View Post
    Go to jbl43.com and search for video clips for 4343 and 4430 or 4435. I'm sure you'll come to the same conclusion...
    I conclude they all sound a lot like . . . my laptop speakers!
    ". . . as you have no doubt noticed, no one told the 4345 that it can't work correctly so it does anyway."—Greg Timbers

Haha, follow his instructions, plugged in your head/ear phones and crank it up. The difference between the 44 series and the 43 series is quite apparent, which is why the 43 still fetches a premium over the 44 series.

Haha, follow his instructions, plugged in your head/ear phones and crank it up.
    ... what about the process of sound recording

Haha, follow his instructions, plugged in your head/ear phones and crank it up.
    Unless you're hearing them both with your ears in the same room at the same time . . .
    ". . . as you have no doubt noticed, no one told the 4345 that it can't work correctly so it does anyway."—Greg Timbers

Quote Originally Posted by BMWCCA View Post
    Unless you're hearing them both with your ears in the same room at the same time . . .
    totaly agree with that and i'm always surprise how people can compare JBL monitor speakers from youtube even from the best PC sound card with the best earphones ... and without knowing the whole rec/play process!

Thread Information