While this is my first post, I've been a long-time reader. I have learned much from the forum members and am grateful for the contributions and sharing, especially of some of the 'old timers' (intended as a compliment).

Question - Will 2440 phragms work with the 2441 driver?

There are numerous discussions in the archives about retrofitting 2441 phragms in 2440 motors, but I'm interested in comparing my 2441s with 2440s. In lieu of buying a second pair of drivers (2440s), what are the drawbacks/issues, if any, going the other way around? In other words, substituting 2440 phragms for my 2441s?

It seems the motivation for those plugging 2441 phragms in 2440 bodies was to obtain extended HF. I gather this was the main benefit of the diamond surrounds on the newer phragms. Since I'm using tweeters > 12k (Fostex T925), I'm less concerned with HF extension, and more interested in SQ results <8k or so. I'm interested in gaining first-hand listening experience with the mylar surround as a potential enhancement for my midrange SQ.

So, to obtain first-hand listening experience of the '2440 sound', will a straight-forward diaphragm substitution in my 2441 bodies be representative?

Thanks.