Thread: OLYMPUS C50's arrive down under.....finally after around 12 months of waiting!!!!!

gmcinnes

Question OLYMPUS C50's arrive down under.....finally after around 12 months of waiting!!!!!

Hello All,
    I have finally received my empty OLYMPUS S8R cabinets from California after waiting over 12 months for them. Well they did manage to get lost and then they were to big to fit into what ever they were trying to put them into???? but alas they did make it.

I am very happy with them, now the restoring can start, in actual fact they are really in quite good condition, better than what I had been expecting! they need a good polish and a couple of small repairs but they are nearly consecutive serial numbered cabinets, only 1 digit apart and they are "vintage" just what I wanted.

The reason for my message is that as one can imagine with the length of time and the distance travelled the ornate grills took a bit of a hammering hence I am need of some 'genuine' fret work to get these cabs back to pristine condition, I am looking mainly at 2 x end pieces, on the sides of the cabinets, in reasonable condition, I can do repairs with some of the 'pieces' I was left with, if anyone could help me locate a supplier or have any 'pieces' that they would like to send to a good home I am sure we could work out something.

Thank you for your time

Kindest Regards
    Garry

formerly "the city where imagination takes precedence over fact"
    good luck on your parts quest...

please share some photos of your progress as you get these cabinets going,
    we all* like vintage restoration photos...

*like how I just spoke for everyone here? ha ha ha

gmcinnes

OLYMPUS Down Under....

Hello Louped,

Thank you for your reply, like you have pointed out this is going to be a tuff one I think as so far you are the only reply, does'nt any one else like these grills in the U.S.??????

I thought I may have been able to get a few pieces' by now alas this 'fretwork' must have made good ol kindlin for the folks.

But I will not give up where there is a will there is a way, I see there are some 99's for sale on fleebay maybe Iwill buy them and use the grilles lol.....

Cheers

formerly "the city where imagination takes precedence over fact"
    keep posting and scouring the web...

eventually something will show up...

in addition to 'fret' mabe search on 'lattice' also --
    i've seen them advertised that way also...

Wow that is a long time to wait. I was lucky enough to find a pair from the original owner just 5 hours drive from my house. Here is a thread on them:

http://www.audioheritage.org/vbullet...read.php?31879

Post 35 has links to my other related threads on this build.

Thread Information