Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: New 2405 JBL Diaphragms - Are these bad? Pictrues - 1

Quote Originally Posted by maxwedge View Post
    Close ups with hi-res always makes stuff look suspect when it really isn't.
    Yep. My point and shoot does absolutely crappy macro, so I wanted to take some pics that showed just how nice these were. Boy, that really worked out.

Luckily, I rarely sell anything, so I won't ever be making that mistake again. I'll take fuzzy "eBay at arm's length" quality shots if there's ever a next time.

Quote Originally Posted by JeffW View Post
    I'll take fuzzy "eBay at arm's length" quality shots if there's ever a next time.
    You will have to use a cell phone camera for the full effect.
    If we knew what the hell we were doing, we wouldn't call it research would we.

Before I call it a day here. I'd like to leave a comment.

I'm getting the feeling that I'm being made out as being difficult or the bad guy in all this.

Because I was asked to give an updated account of my experience, I did. Plus, I figured others could see the current state of affairs at JBL.
    Next I was made a kind offer for a NOS pair of phrams. I was going to purchase them. Then after seeing the pics, I became concerned that the raised kapton could be an issue. I have never installed a set of these before and did not know if this was a critical manufacturing flaw or just a cosmetic issue. I could have used a little more definitive guidance here.
    When I expressed my concerns, I was told that more pictures would be posted and that I could wait and see what more experienced members would say on the matter and that feelings would not be hurt even if negative comments came back. I said that would be great and that I would make a decision regardless of the comments by the next day.

The next thing I'm reading is this "no good deeds go unpunished" stuff. Obviously, I assume that this is being directed at me.

I don't know what sort of punishment I doled out here. I was just being cautious because I'm not familiar with potential diaphragm installation issues and even though I was being offered these parts at cost, which was very fair in my opinion, they are still expensive and not what I consider a throw-away if they don't work out.

Anyway, I don't get it. I never sensed any annoyance or frustration until I read the comments over here.

That's my account

Later

This situation could probably be salvaged... probably better via PM's.
    Very difficult to know what's going on in someone's head through the internet.

I've certainly had my share of odd experiences here, as well as some fantastic
    camaraderie and support which has -well- outweighed the former.

Any more, I just expect posting is like turning a crank on a jack-in-the-box...
    then the surprises aren't so ... surprising.

Hope your diaphragm issue gets resolved one way or another.

Hey Grumpy,

Thanks - and I agree - this should all be private. Normally, I avoid these kinds of posts. I just felt I was being portrayed as some neurotic wackjob and wanted to explain the situation from my perspective. I still don't know where all the ill feelings came from.

Anyway, thanks again for the well-wishes. I hope my diaphragm situation gets resolved as well. I need to get the sizzle back in my system.

Steve

It's hard to sell stuff like this unless it's between parties that know 100% what they are getting into. You had already seen the Kapton tape raised. It seemed to me that you already had doubts as to the viability of the diaphragms. Then a very experienced member states that there's a likelyhood of some issue unless they are installed be a competent tech.

So on one hand there's an idiot trying to sell diaphragms, on the other hand there's your gut feeling that they might be defective and a tech saying there could be issues.

So if I sell them to you and you botch the install, then it's back to because they were, to you, already hosed and I eat a pair of diaphragms. I'd never sell junk and I don't even want the possibility that I sold junk to be out there.

They are, to me, the nicest pair of D16R2405 I've seen. So in the long run it's just better for me to keep my diaphragms and you look elsewhere for some that will suit you better. I bet you could start a WTB thread in the marketplace and score a nicer pair in no time.

So good luck, no hard feelings on this end, and hope you get your drivers up and running.

Thread Information