Page 67 of 143 FirstFirst ... 1757656667686977117 ... LastLast
Results 991 to 1,005 of 2133

Thread: JBL Performance Series

Quote Originally Posted by MJC View Post
    If I was to buy a pair of Studio L speakers, for harvest purposes, I'd harvest more than just the ultra tweeters. I'd pull the EOS waveguides and mount them to the faces of the 066 tweeters on my CC L212s to see(hear) if they made a difference.
    Ya, I saw those 810s.
    Probably not as much difference as putting both the EOS Waveguides AND the 1" pure Ti tweeters in there (with a crossover adjustment)...

MJC
    Quote Originally Posted by Titanium Dome View Post
    Probably not as much difference as putting both the EOS Waveguides AND the 1" pure Ti tweeters in there (with a crossover adjustment)...
    The EOS only enlarges the sweet spot and Ti isn't the be all to end all.
    It would not be a perfect fit over the 066 hole in the baffle. The vertical dimension of the EOS is 3 3/4", the diameter of the 066 is 3 7/8".
    But I might be able to make it look mostly right, by centering the EOS perfectly over the hole and put a bit of black putty in the remaining 3/32" gaps at the top and bottom.
    I think the 066 still remains JBL's most expensive dome tweeter ever.
    Of coarse the 435Be and 476Be drivers are much more costly, but they're both compression drivers.

Thanks, Mike.

My early production PT800s have the original tweeters in them without the washers. A subsequent pair I bought used has the second generation tweeters with the washers installed.

Now I know why.

and Ti isn't the be all to end all.
    I don't remember writing in my reply that it is.

Help me now:

LEFT AND RIGHT SPEAKERS: If you have purchased a Synthesis Four Digital Home Theater System, then the model S4VC will serve as your front left and right main speakers.

Since the left and right speakers have been designed for maximum localization of sound, they should be placed with the center of the speakers at about the same height on screen as the actors would be, to aid in the illusion that the actors’ voices are coming directly from their on-screen images.

Ideally, the speakers will be placed about 45 degrees apart from each other, viewed from the listening position, so that the distance between the speakers is the same as each speaker’s distance from the listener (see Figure 1).

Equilateral is 60°, no?

MJC
    Quote Originally Posted by Zilch View Post
    [/left]

Equilateral is 60°, no?
    Yes, so 30* off the centerline from the center seat. But I've seen JBL recommend the degree spacing of the speakers, from the center seat to be 40*~60*.

Quote Originally Posted by Titanium Dome
    I don't remember writing in my reply that it is.
    You didn't, but you implied that TI is better than Al. The way I look at it they're both good, and the 066 in particular.

I just saw today, that a PC600 when for $635, on ebay.

I have a question that I can't find the answer to. I have the PT800/PS1400 combo and docked together. I am running power to these from a 300w/ch amp using conventional speaker wire. The question I have is: when wired in this configuration, is the internal amp in the PS1400 bypassed or is it always inline? And if the internal amp is always inline, does it also power the PT800. I looked in the owners guide and couldn't find the answers to these questions. What do you guys think.

You didn't, but you implied that TI is better than Al. The way I look at it they're both good, and the 066 in particular.

I just saw today, that a PC600 when for $635, on ebay.
    Actually, all I implied was that it would be "different."

That price on the PC600 is interesting since I got one off ebay last month for $331.

MJC
    Quote Originally Posted by porschedpm
    I have a question that I can't find the answer to. I have the PT800/PS1400 combo and docked together. I am running power to these from a 300w/ch amp using conventional speaker wire. The question I have is: when wired in this configuration, is the internal amp in the PS1400 bypassed or is it always inline? And if the internal amp is always inline, does it also power the PT800. I looked in the owners guide and couldn't find the answers to these questions. What do you guys think.
    The PS1400 is a powered sub, so its amp is always on. In the stacked configuration they act as a full range tower, with the internal xo @130htz. But the entire 300w from your amp is going to the PT800.

MJC
    Quote Originally Posted by Titanium Dome View Post
    That price on the PC600 is interesting since I got one off ebay last month for $331.
    Guess its just a matter of who sees the auction and how much they are willing to pay.
    Making a stock pile of PS units?

Quote Originally Posted by porschedpm View Post
    There's a passive crossover before the amp that sends the LF to the sub amp and everything else to the PT800. The LF is sorted out as line level, while the rest is sent speaker level (and amplified by your 300W amp) to the PT800.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Guess its just a matter of who sees the auction and how much they are willing to pay.
    Making a stock pile of PS units?
    I wanted a pair of those 906Tis as spares.

MJC
    And I'm still thinking of adding ultra tweeters to the mains.

Thread Information