Page 64 of 143 FirstFirst ... 1454626364656674114 ... LastLast

Thread: JBL Performance Series

Hope still

No guarantees, but generally there is a key difference between "Not Available" and discontinued. As long as the Add to wish list link is there, they'll take a waiting list and when enough interest is there they'll do a run of the speakers. If there isn't sufficient interest, then no speakers.

Also, the LE14H-3 is used in the current 1400 Array.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

MJC
    Ever since I talked to Ron Rouse, Synthesis West Coast Area Manager, last summer, I've wondered how many pairs of PS1400s have been sold, compared to the number of PT800s. It was Ron who told me that most, if not all, Synthesis Dealers used the HTPS400 for PS HT installs, instead of the PS1400. Which makes perfect sense, smaller box and more power and THX to boot.
    Of coarse that doesn't take into account any pairs of PT800s/PS1400s that were bought to use as a full range stereo setup only.

Yes, the HTPS works very well, especially in a HT environment. That driver is something to behold in person. I posted pictures of one that I took out of an HTPS400 to show everyone earlier in this thread.

Recently, there was one of the drivers on ebay that was offered twice at a $99 starting bid. There were no takers. The third time it was offered at a $75 starting bid, so I put in a bid and now it's mine at that ridiculous price.

I think it was a good deal.

MJC

Unhappy

Quote Originally Posted by Titanium Dome View Post
    Recently, there was one of the drivers on ebay that was offered twice at a $99 starting bid. There were no takers. The third time it was offered at a $75 starting bid, so I put in a bid and now it's mine at that ridiculous price.

I think it was a good deal.
    Had I been looking and seen it, I probably would have bid on it. The two SUB1500s I have really do a superb job. But, it would be interesting to hear the result of having a HTPS in addition to the 1500s.

All three times it was on ebay it was a ten day auction. The listing was not well assembled, but the pictures revealed what he had. I ascertained in advance just he had done to remove the "cover" as he calls it.

Question What is it?

Speaking of ads that work against the seller and for the acute observer, what does this describe?
    Black JBL Cabinet Speakers System NR
    It describes just about every consumer JBL in production over the past decade.

So how about this description?

*** This is a three star item make sure you read and understand the conditions before proceeding.
    Manufactured by JBL, that says a lot

Solid good looking cabinet
    2 Main Speaker and two others built in speaker
    Color: Black
    Dimensions:

26 1/4 Inches Wide
    11 5/8 Inches High
    7 3/4 Inches Tall
    So that's three stars out of five, apparently. If you were searching for a particular JBL speaker or a specific Series, you'd never get a hit with that description.

So, what is it?

OK, luckily there was one picture.

RIP 2009
    So, what is it?
    I saw it. I've made a number of scores off bad descriptions...

John

MJC
    Yep, that's a PC600, as you know, guess the idiot didn't bother to look on the back of the speaker for the model #, to use in the description.

Quote Originally Posted by johnaec View Post
    I saw it. I've made a number of scores off bad descriptions...

John
    Quote Originally Posted by MJC View Post
    Yep, that's a PC600, as you know, guess the idiot didn't bother to look on the back of the speaker for the model #, to use in the description.
    Yep. With some cooperation from John, I got it for $331. (Thanks again.)

As difficult as these are proving to find on the market, that's a great price. The seller could easily have gotten more.

We seem to be up to our elbows in PT800s lately, and there are a number of PT800/PS1400 combos showing up, but the PC600 and HTPS400 are still rare.

MJC
    Yep. With some cooperation from John, I got it for $331.
    Buy it for a spare, did you?
    I haven't been looking for any PS lately, been thinking more about what turntable I want to get to replace my '79 Yamaha. And none of them worth having are cheap.

MJC
    I was bidding on a pair of Beech PT800s last night, but when the bid got to $600 I stopped. I only wanted them if I could get them for under $300/ea, as I really didn't need them. I was going to put them on the back wall of the HT to replace a pair of L212s. And it would have been a local pickup, as the seller was in Reno.

Each PT800 has about $450 worth of components in it, including the NLA TM025 Ti tweeter. The PC600 has about $600 worth. These general figures do not include the cabinet, the EOS Waveguide, or things like internal wiring, acoustical filler, etc., but do include the grille and other available parts.

Getting the PC600 as a "spare" was not as much of a consideration as the value of the parts themselves, including the two 6" 906TI drivers at $167.96 each, the 904Ti at $126.40, the network at $61.35, and the grille at $44.30. While the TM025 Ti tweeter is valued at a mere $51.40, since it is NLA, one might consider it priceless.

The good news for interested parties is that I should be out of the Performance Series acquisition game as far as PT800s and PC600s are concerned. I really do have enough. If I see any more, I'll be certain--now--to notify LH members in the marketplace thread.

However, I can't make the same promise regarding the PS1400 or HTPS400 quite yet.

However, I can't make the same promise regarding the PS1400 or HTPS400 quite yet.

so is this a case of when "Tooo much is never enough"

Did the retail price of the PT800 go up?

I remember it was orginally $899 each...but the Harmon site is now showing $1,500 each!

Thread Information