Page 30 of 143 FirstFirst ... 2028293031324080130 ... LastLast

Thread: JBL Performance Series

Quote Originally Posted by Lancer
    Yes.
    Thanks, well I'm glad we cleared that up once and for all

Quote Originally Posted by JBLnsince1959
    Audiobeer came by today and bought my 4430's
    Cool! 4430's as front channels and 4313B's as surrounds? I did that for awhile. Worked quite nice! I'm going back to larger surrounds after screwing around with the various JBL 6.5" 2-ways for a few years.

I'm going back to larger surrounds after screwing around with the various JBL 6.5" 2-ways for a few years.
    what are you planning to use?

Custom 120Ti types with LE10H's instead of the 128H-1's along with charge coupled filters and 044Ti's that have been coated with aquaplas.

MJC
    I think they are on to something here, BUT, the looks, and marketing could use some BIG help. Here's what I would do if I had these.

1. Design a set of "High-end speakers" that look better - no docking - all one piece.
    2: get rid of the docking binding post ( and those connectors ) and wire the tit-domes straight from the crossover.
    3. Get rid of the amp inside the woofer
    4. Find away to paint or color the mid-bass and mid-range so they don't look metalic ( what you see is what you hear sometimes at first blush)

I plan to do #2 and #3 myself and build new crossovers. I'll most likely start next year ( get some money first)

got to go
    For HT you want to be able to place the sub where it works best, if its all in one, you can't do that.
    I've got both active and passive subs, I can swing either way on that one.
    Paint, NO way, those P800's look GOOD as is.
    But only having seen them on the net I don't know which of the cabinet colors I like best tho.

MJC
    Quote Originally Posted by edgewound
    Sometimes it seems to me that Harman would like to see all dealers disappear so they can sell factory direct at full retail. The differences between JBL Consumer(New York) and JBL Pro(Northridge) attitudes about the end user is astonishing. Mark Gander at Pro was elated when the two Divisions were separated. Also, with a high end speaker like Revel, there is a snowball's chance in hell that JBL Consumer speakers will ever find their way into the elite high-end channels. The snobs just laugh...and we just shake our heads in disbelief....and laugh back,when they spend $15,000 on a speaker cable that has been sprinkled with some magic dust to make the cable image better...and the cable manufacturers are laughing at their customers all the way to the bank...some people do have more money than sense.
    Edgewound
    Back in the '60's~70'S the ONLY way one could buy JBLs at a discount was to buy the store's floor units, as I did in '79. Got 25% off a set of L212s.

MJC
    While I'm sure that one reason they didn't sell is that no one could find them ( that would help for sure), but also, fewer people are willing to spend that much and those who are maybe looking at the more expensive "audiophile" shit. who knows?

Bottom-line for me is that I"VE GOT MINE - and I'm a happy camper.....
    I just looked on the Harman online store, no PS, so somebody has been buying the PS they had listed on that site.

RIP 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by MJC
    I just looked on the Harman online store, no PS, so somebody has been buying the PS they had listed on that site.
    They're still listed at the JBL Main site, but apparently no more Cherry. These are the speakers I've been looking towards someday - I hope they aren't in the collector's stratosphere by then...

John

I think it might have to do with a new agreement or two. I don't think any Synthesis gear is available from the online store but I could be wrong. I think this was posted before, here it is again:

Following are highlights of JBL’s products and systems featured at CES 2005:

JBL Performance Series: A Complete Lineup of High-End Home Theater Audio Systems

At CES 2005, JBL is broadening its high-end Performance Series lineup to encompass a full range of complete home theater audio systems that includes loudspeakers and electronics. Six complete multichannel home theater audio solutions are offered in the JBL Performance Series, ranging from the 5.1-channel JBL Performance System 7 package to the JBL Premier Performance 7.1-channel on-wall and in-wall systems. All are designed to offer extraordinary sonic realism, along with unmatched operational flexibility and ease of use, in rooms ranging in size from 3,000 to 5,000 cubic feet.

Each JBL Performance Series system is based around the new Performance Series AV1 Surround Processor/System Controller and AVA7 7-Channel Power Amplifier. In addition to the AV1 and AVA7, each system includes a specific 7.1-channel or 5.1-channel loudspeaker and subwoofer complement, meeting a wide range of customer installation requirements.

A variety of loudspeakers is available to create a broad range of on-wall- and in-wall-based systems. Available models include the Performance P941 and P81 advanced-technology in-wall speakers, as well as the Performance PT800 tower main/surround loudspeaker and Performance PC600 center channel speaker. Rounding out the lineup are the Performance PS1400 14-inch, 400-watt powered subwoofer, and JBL’s HTPS400 12-inch, 1000-watt powered subwoofer.

The JBL Performance Series AV1 is a state-of-the-art, software-upgradeable 7.1-channel surround processor/system controller that utilizes the most advanced digital technologies to achieve the highest possible resolution and fidelity. The AV1 is compatible with all popular surround sound decoding formats and incorporates Harman International’s exclusive 7.1 Logic 7® processing for enhanced surround sound realism. Along with extraordinary audio performance, the AV1 offers exceptional connectivity, including high-bandwidth, HDTV-compatible component-video switching, and multiple RS-232 ports for facilitating integrated system operation.

The AVA7 7-channel power amplifier is designed for superb sonic performance in every respect, and delivers a generous 120 watts into each channel (into 8 ohms, <0.03% THD). The AVA7 includes connections that interface with the AV1, enabling sophisticated automatic control capabilities. Its ventilation design routes air from the rear and through the sides, rather than through the top of the amplifier, enabling it to be stacked directly on top of or underneath other components to save installation space.

The on-wall models in the JBL Performance Series include the Performance PT800 tower loudspeaker (1-inch tweeter, 4-inch midrange driver, 8-inch woofer), Performance PS1400 powered subwoofer (14-inch woofer, built-in 400-watt amplifier), and Performance PC600 center channel (1-inch tweeter, dual 6-inch woofers, 4-inch midrange driver). In addition, JBL’s HTPS400 powered subwoofer (12-inch woofer, built-in 1000-watt amplifier) is now available as part of the Performance Series. The HTPS400 features a compact enclosure that enables it to be readily placed in a wide variety of room locations.

The speakers’ modular design allows the PT800 tower to be stacked atop the PS1400 subwoofer, mounted separately on a wall or installed on optional available stands, providing maximum installation flexibility. All the speakers utilize a unique shallow-profile enclosure that allows them to occupy a minimum of floor space, making them ideal for use in home theater installations using flat-panel display monitors or projection screens. All models are constructed using professional-quality JBL drivers and components and the company’s most advanced technologies, such as inverted titanium-cone mid-bass and midrange drivers, and pure-titanium tweeters operating in conjunction with JBL’s unique Elliptical Oblate Spheroidal™ (EOS™) waveguide for precise imaging over a wide listening area.

The Performance Series P941 and P81 in-wall speakers are ultrahigh-end designs that utilize woofers and midrange drivers made from an advanced-technology aluminum/ceramic multilayer diaphragm material. This material is far more rigid and lightweight than other types of cone materials, dramatically reducing distortion and eliminating the sonic colorations caused by cone breakup in conventional speakers. Complementing these drivers, the P941 and P81 both employ pure-titanium tweeters for detailed and extended high-frequency response. The P941 (9-inch woofer, 3-1/2-inch midrange driver, 1-inch tweeter) and P81 (7-1/2-inch woofer, 1-inch tweeter) incorporate a host of additional refinements, including front-panel listener axis, high-frequency contour, high-frequency level and low-frequency boundary compensation controls that allow precise sonic tailoring in any installation, to achieve exceptional sound quality.

JBL will also introduce its innovative JBL BassQ™ Automatic Room Mode Correction™ (RMC™) Processor later in 2005, which can be added to any Performance Series system. The BassQ RMC processor is a low-frequency-response correction component that utilizes supplied measurement microphones and advanced DSP equalization to compensate for the peaks and dips in frequency response that are inherent in every room, and achieve smooth, accurate bass response.

Pricing for JBL Performance Series systems ranges from approximately $15,000 for the JBL Performance System 7 5.1-channel in-wall system to $30,000 for the JBL Premier Performance 7.1-channel on-wall and in-wall packages. Availability for the JBL Performance Series will be announced.

Quote Originally Posted by johnaec
    They're still listed at the JBL Main site, but apparently no more Cherry. These are the speakers I've been looking towards someday - I hope they aren't in the collector's stratosphere by then...

John
    that's one reason I jumped on these now ( even tho it wasn't in my plans). If they are so hard to find and get when they were making these things, I didn't know how hard it would be to find them when they stopped making them, PLUS, the price was right....

I

[i]A variety of loudspeakers is available to create a broad range of on-wall- and in-wall-based systems. Available models include the Performance P941 and P81 advanced-technology in-wall speakers,

The Performance Series P941 and P81 in-wall speakers are ultrahigh-end designs that utilize woofers and midrange drivers made from an advanced-technology aluminum/ceramic multilayer diaphragm material. This material is far more rigid and lightweight than other types of cone materials, dramatically reducing distortion and eliminating the sonic colorations caused by cone breakup in conventional speakers. Complementing these drivers, the P941 and P81 both employ pure-titanium tweeters for detailed and extended high-frequency response. The P941 (9-inch woofer, 3-1/2-inch midrange driver, 1-inch tweeter) and P81 (7-1/2-inch woofer, 1-inch tweeter) incorporate a host of additional refinements, including front-panel listener axis, high-frequency contour, high-frequency level and low-frequency boundary compensation controls that allow precise sonic tailoring in any installation, to achieve exceptional sound quality.
    Yes, it was posted before ( or at least I saw it). I've been wondering about those P941 and P81...can't find any more info on them. I noticed that they use a larger woofer than the 800

Any body know more about these ?

Custom 120Ti types with LE10H's instead of the 128H-1's along with charge coupled filters and 044Ti's that have been coated with aquaplas.
    Waaay cooool, Damn, that's amazing.....

I agree with johnaec...they're still there...just not in all finishes

RIP 2009
    The "refurbs" are still there, even listed in Cherry: http://www.harmanaudio.com/search_br...JBL&market=HOM

John

Cool Refurbs

Quote Originally Posted by johnaec
    The "refurbs" are still there, even listed in Cherry: http://www.harmanaudio.com/search_br...JBL&market=HOM

John

I'm still amazed at the constant stream of refurbs available there. Where do they come from?

I may have to pay the refurb price to get my fourth (and final) PS1400 before they disappear. Then I'll try four different set ups: two with front stacks and two without.
    Out.

Thread Information