Page 141 of 143 FirstFirst ... 4191131139140141142143 LastLast
Results 2,101 to 2,115 of 2133

Thread: JBL Performance Series

Quote Originally Posted by Robh3606 View Post
    How old is that post?? I have been using LE14-3 for years no issues.
    Rob
    Right. My 14-3s have been to hell and back in the "let's try this" department, and they just keep going.
    Out.

Good to hear, thanks for the feedback!

I think the post was from 2012...

Looking for a 904Ti

Hey, reviving this ancient thread with a request. I just got a full 5.2 set of these speakers for very cheap but I am in need of a 904Ti driver for my center channel as the one in it is distorting badly at certain frequencies and lower volumes. Anyone here has/knows where to get one?

It's the last piece I need after removing the burned out plate amps from the PS1400s and now running them separately in a dual SW setup with a Behringer amp fed by my Denon AVR.

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by mariosav34 View Post
    Hey, reviving this ancient thread with a request. I just got a full 5.2 set of these speakers for very cheap but I am in need of a 904Ti driver for my center channel as the one in it is distorting badly at certain frequencies and lower volumes. Anyone here has/knows where to get one?

It's the last piece I need after removing the burned out plate amps from the PS1400s and now running them separately in a dual SW setup with a Behringer amp fed by my Denon AVR.

Thanks!
    The 904ti is pretty rare. They were only otherwise used in the tiK series and a few of the pro models from the Asian market, maybe another model or 2 from the EU market.
    I have one that I bought off eBay ages ago, have never used it. Make me an offer by PM if you like.

904Ti Found!

Just wanna say this is such an awesome community, posted a request for an incredibly hard to find component (been looking around for a few days already) and got a reply within 2h and a great deal within 4h. On a 16 year old thread...

Thanks!

Hi, new to the forum. Just recently bought 4 PT800s for my system. These things sound amazingly beautiful. Words can not describe the detail these produce. I am now a JBL fan for life.

Quote Originally Posted by Sam View Post
    Hi, new to the forum. Just recently bought 4 PT800s for my system. These things sound amazingly beautiful. Words can not describe the detail these produce. I am now a JBL fan for life.
    Welcome to the LHS Forum!

Do you have the matching 14" sub/bass modules too? Are you running these in a "Quad" system or as part of a HT system?

Widget

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Widget View Post
    Welcome to the LHS Forum!

Do you have the matching 14" sub/bass modules too? Are you running these in a "Quad" system or as part of a HT system?

Widget

Thanks, and no i don't have the matching PS1400s but I wish I did lol. I am using them as a part of a HT setup. I never knew of the clarity and details I was missing out on especially while playing music. I have my AVR set to deliver 80Hz and above, set on small so I dont damage them. I am so glad these came into my life. They have turned me audiophile lmao.

Quote Originally Posted by Sam View Post
    As the starter of this thread way back in 2004 (!), I'd like to say welcome to the JBL Performance Series club. Receiving my first 5.1 set up was a memorable day for sure. I enjoyed that set up and added to it over time until it held the place of honor in my designated surround sound music room. There was a musicality and honesty to that system that was hard to beat.

When it was time to semi-retire and get out of LA to the beautiful Central California Coast, I sold 80% of all my JBL stuff, including most of that original Performance Series system. However, I kept four PT800s and a PC600, so one day I could put together an intimate surround sound dedicated system again.

lThe amps on those PS1400s were prone to failure. I already had them repaired once and didn't want to face that again, so all the subs are gone, but finding passive subs to supplement these remaining Performance Series speakers was easy, especially driving them with dedicated amps rather than the PS1400s unreliable internal amps.

It's the Ti inverted domes, the enclosure designs, and the network designs that make the magic in the system. Congratulations and enjoy!
    Out.

Quote Originally Posted by Titanium Dome View Post
    As the starters this thread way back in 2004 (!), I'd like to say welcome to the JBL Performance Series club. Receiving my first 5.1 set up was a memorable day for sure. I enjoyed that set up and added to it over time until it held the place of honor in my designated surround sound music room. There was a musicality and honesty to that system that was hard to beat.

When it was time to semi-retire and get out of LA to the beautiful Central California Coast, I sold 80% of all my JBL stuff, including most of that original Performance Series system. However, I kept four PT800s and a PC600, so one day I could put together an intimate surround sound dedicated system again. The amps on those PS1400s were prone to failure. I already had them repaired once and didn't want to face that again, so all the subs are gone, but finding passive subs to supplement these remaining Performance Series speakers was easy, especially driving them with dedicated amps rather than the PS1400s unreliable internal amps.

It's the Ti inverted domes, the enclosure design, and the network designs that make the magic in this system. Congratulations and enjoy!
    Thanks, as of now I'm just running them with a Pioneer VSX-519V until I get my studio rack finished. I'm going to run dedicated amps for front and rear, as well as center and a dedicated sub. All ran through crossovers and equalization. I've toyed with the idea of bi amping but I scrapped that idea.

As much as I would like the PS1400s, they are super hard to find, and I have read the horror stories of their amp failure. They would be aesthetically pleasing though if I could stack them though.

PS1400 Plate Removal

I am having a devil of a time getting the plate amp to separate from the plastic housing after wresting that pair of items from the speaker box. I am also not sure about how to handle the wires (especially the pair that attach near the upper back of the speaker box). Any insights appreciated! Thank you

Quote Originally Posted by howaboutthat41 View Post
    I am having a devil of a time getting the plate amp to separate from the plastic housing after wresting that pair of items from the speaker box. I am also not sure about how to handle the wires (especially the pair that attach near the upper back of the speaker box). Any insights appreciated! Thank you
    Not sure how that plastic box is attached to the amp, but they stick pretty good. There's a couple screws in the back that should come out.
    The LP filter is located up by that connection plate, separate from the amp itself. Whether you keep that LP (130Hz) filter in line is up to you. I assume you are talking about removing the amp and running them as passive subs?

Quote Originally Posted by rdgrimes View Post
    Not sure how that plastic box is attached to the amp, but they stick pretty good. There's a couple screws in the back that should come out.
    The LP filter is located up by that connection plate, separate from the amp itself. Whether you keep that LP (130Hz) filter in line is up to you. I assume you are talking about removing the amp and running them as passive subs?
    Thank you, rdgrimes! I am considering sending the amps in for repair or, alternatively, treating them as passive subs. I finally did wrest the amps free (two of my four, so far). Any recommendations on repair versus external amps? I was thinking a set of two Behringer NX6000 amps, one per each set of two PS1400s, if I opt for the external route. If so, perhpas I could prevail upon you for some addiotnal inisghts in terms of how to wire the new amps to the subs (this is all new to me)? Thanks again!

Quote Originally Posted by howaboutthat41 View Post
    Thank you, rdgrimes! I am considering sending the amps in for repair or, alternatively, treating them as passive subs. I finally did wrest the amps free (two of my four, so far). Any recommendations on repair versus external amps? I was thinking a set of two Behringer NX6000 amps, one per each set of two PS1400s, if I opt for the external route. If so, perhpas I could prevail upon you for some addiotnal inisghts in terms of how to wire the new amps to the subs (this is all new to me)? Thanks again!
    Odds are good they only need minor repair, they used super cheap parts in sub amps. (still do). The trick is to find a place to do the work, I suggest finding someone local since shipping is loaded with issues. Best to take them in for repair as a complete unit, not just the amp.

Setting them up for passive duty is beyond my experience. I have replaced amps in the past, I think there are some folks around here that do this though so someone might turn up.

Amps

Quote Originally Posted by rdgrimes View Post
    Odds are good they only need minor repair, they used super cheap parts in sub amps. (still do). The trick is to find a place to do the work, I suggest finding someone local since shipping is loaded with issues. Best to take them in for repair as a complete unit, not just the amp.

Setting them up for passive duty is beyond my experience. I have replaced amps in the past, I think there are some folks around here that do this though so someone might turn up.

Thanks, again!

Thread Information