Page 140 of 143 FirstFirst ... 4090130138139140141142 ... LastLast
Results 2,086 to 2,100 of 2133

Thread: JBL Performance Series

Quote Originally Posted by bobwhite View Post
    Mike Baker told me to check here on help selling my performance series speakers that i bought brand new. I have pt600 center and two pt800 and matching subs for both ps1400s. The green light on subs dont light and sub not producing sound on them. Any help on how I might find someone who would be interested in them would be great. Thanks
    Hi Bob, I tried to sell my P.S. setup here recently but ended up selling them on ebay (for a pretty good price). The guy I sold them to wanted a pt600, I could ask if he's still looking if you would like. The rest might sell on ebay, but you have to be patient. Ebay is not always the greatest experience but it's probably the best way to sell. I tried craigslist but after 3 people came to audition them without buying, I realized why people sell things on ebay.

Just a bump for a great thread. I'm looking for a pair (or four) PT800s to complete my Performance Series lineup. If anyone has, or knows of some/any for sale, regardless of condition, a PM would be appreciated.

Yesterday I finally got my Performance Series set up for 2 channel audio. Docked the two PT800s above their PS1400s via the kit, and connected them via the gold jumper bars. Overall the set up was uneventful, but doing the bolts into the bottoms of the PT800s was a challenge due to the limited access. I have them powered by a Sony TA-N55ES/TA-E1000ESD combo.

The docked PT800 and PS1400 are certainly a weighty pair, but the supplied docking hardware do a great job of making them effectively one speaker (ie. I have no fear of the PT800 falling). The sound is pure and rich, and now that I have played with the setting, the bass is full without being overpowering. I'm really happy with these speakers!

For the future, I have purchased the PT800 mounting brackets, and two brand new PS1400 amps (just in case), along with the PC600 and another pair of PT800. One day, if I can find a third pair of PT800s, I will set up the Performance Series in 7.2 configuration.

Quote Originally Posted by wu6fiend View Post
    Yesterday I finally got my Performance Series set up for 2 channel audio. Docked the two PT800s above their PS1400s via the kit, and connected them via the gold jumper bars. Overall the set up was uneventful, but doing the bolts into the bottoms of the PT800s was a challenge due to the limited access. I have them powered by a Sony TA-N55ES/TA-E1000ESD combo.

The docked PT800 and PS1400 are certainly a weighty pair, but the supplied docking hardware do a great job of making them effectively one speaker (ie. I have no fear of the PT800 falling). The sound is pure and rich, and now that I have played with the setting, the bass is full without being overpowering. I'm really happy with these speakers!

For the future, I have purchased the PT800 mounting brackets, and two brand new PS1400 amps (just in case), along with the PC600 and another pair of PT800. One day, if I can find a third pair of PT800s, I will set up the Performance Series in 7.2 configuration.

well, maybe not worthless... but you know, certainly much better with!

Quote Originally Posted by RedCoat23 View Post
    well, maybe not worthless... but you know, certainly much better with!
    They look like the standard PS stacks, nothing much to see (because the living room is so small, they are jammed in next to the L890s which are connected to the AVR). Today I purchased the third set of PT800s that I have been looking for. They appear to be in the best condition yet, and even have the wall mounting brackets still attached. I've been enjoying the stacked PT800/PS1400 combo for some time though, but I am going to move my Sony TA-E77ES/TA-N77ES setup from upstairs to the living room today, and see if there is any noticeable improvement. My options for placement in this room are limited (read: none), and the spot the Performance Series is occupying is probably not optimal (I'm noting the bass, while acceptable, is not as full as I would like). Time to play with some settings, and the present TA-E1000ESD preamp is really designed for surround applications, rather than 2 channel. My wife, who initially really disliked the appearance of the stacks, seems to have gotten used to them (or she has decided to ignore them). The cats have been delighted as they climb on them like a jungle gym.

Finally got around to taking a couple of pictures, both with and without grills. Due to the size and shape of our small living room, the placement is not optimal, but there's not much I can do about that. Anyway, I have changed the amplification to the Sony TA-E77ESD and TA-N77ES. Sorry about the photo orientation, not sure how to fix that (maybe somebody can suggest a fix?). The speaker next to the PS stack is an L890, part of the 7.1 setup.
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    Last edited by Mr. Widget; 02-12-2018 at 08:47 PM.

I get dizzy looking at your pictures, but I'm glad you have your Performance Series components finally in hand with all the PT800s you wanted.
    Out.

PS1400 amp

I know this topic has been beaten to death, but has anyone found and had success with a suitable plate amplifier with high level inputs?

My PS-1400 amps are slowly dying, I am down to one spare, and with four subs in service I don't think I have many years left. I have no issue opening up the hole in the box to mount a different plate amp, but it would be nice if it were big enough to only have to open up the hole and not make an adapter template, but not required.

I get that for home theater use there is no big problem using any standard plate amp and treating the PS1400's like standalone subs. The issue I have is this solution doesn't allow me to use (easily) the front PS1400/PT800 stacks as standalone 2ch speakers without also having my HT subs active. Just wondering if anyone has spent any time working with whatever plate amps are available out there with high level inputs, and has had good success.

My speakers aren't going anywhere. I'll use them with a normal plate amp in a compromised fashion if I have to. Any other affordable speaker system available these days uses much too wimpy of a center, I am in love with the front stage I get from this setup.

I suppose option B would be a suitable plate amp that has some sort of high pass built-in, so I can get a roll-off around below say 40Hz from the PS1400. I don't need them doing that heavy lifting if the HT subs are in the mix.
    JBL doesn't want to sell you Performance Series speakers.

Quote Originally Posted by Slare View Post
    I know this topic has been beaten to death, but has anyone found and had success with a suitable plate amplifier with high level inputs?
    I'd consider just sealing them up and use an external amp. You can still implement the passive 130Hz filter that's in it. Its pretty easy to come up with a decent stereo amp with enough power to drive them.

Quote Originally Posted by rdgrimes View Post
    I'd consider just sealing them up and use an external amp. You can still implement the passive 130Hz filter that's in it. Its pretty easy to come up with a decent stereo amp with enough power to drive them.
    My AVR's only have one sub output, and I've already got two other 15" sealed subs with their own amps handling the heavy lifting. Right now I have my my fronts set with a 40hz hp crossover in surround mode, which keeps the heavy lifting off of them and on the real subs. And when I go to 2ch mode all I have is the stacks running at full range for music. And they get room EQ as a normal pair of tower loudspeakers for both modes. It's perfect.

Situation 1 would be using a normal plate amp. This changes my setup to be the fronts as high pass with a four sub system, two stack subs and two freestanding subs. I lose the ability to switch to a simple 2ch mode with only the stacks playing, all four subs must be in play and with the same crossover. I can live with this but don't want to if I don't have to. I don't want the PS1400's taking the beating of home theater bass, and I don't want to use the compromised 80Hz crossover point across the board.

But we can't always get what we want.

Both of my 1500 Array sub amps ate it within one week of each other. For them the power supply and amp modules are still available but not the whole assembly. At least they are savable. This may be the case for yours if you can check.

Barry.
    If we knew what the hell we were doing, we wouldn't call it research would we.

Both of my 1500 Array sub amps ate it within one week of each other.
    Wow I guess JBL just can't get these sub amps right!

Rob
    "I could be arguing in my spare time"

There was a plague of bad capacitors in the 2000 timeframe that hit a bunch of things, if you were into electronics at all at that time chances are you saw monitors, TV's, motherboards, etc., all puke with bad caps.

Plate amps aren't the most reliable thing on the planet to start with, and JBL (and all the associated brands) have never been great within that discipline. But the amps from that time frame are even worse. I have three failed amps on hand right now, and all three of them show bulging / leaking caps.

Quote Originally Posted by pathfindermwd View Post
    After 5 minutes of TRULY AWESOME sound I notice some extreme woofer movement on the right and taking a closer look I see the surround of my very new LE14H3 flapping in the wind...so to speak.

After promptly shutting it down and examining the situation, I find that over half of the rubber surround has come completely off of the basket. Party Over!

The next day, I check the surround again. Did I push the woofer too hard? None of the paint of the basket came off with the glue, the rubber surround is pristine and undamaged. But even more telling is that when GENTLY pulling on the surround that is still attached, it peels right off with a brittle crackling.

Second, has anyone had this happen with their LE14H3's? Has anyone dealt with JBL on an issue like this? I bought the PS1400's new earlier this year.
    Are the LE14H3 and LE14H4 prone to failure
    Have others had similar problems?
    Has jbl solfed these problems or are the current woofers prone to fail as well?

Are the LE14H3 and LE14H4 prone to failure
    Have others had similar problems?
    Has jbl solfed these problems or are the current woofers prone to fail as well?
    How old is that post?? I have been using LE14-3 for years no issues.
    Rob
    "I could be arguing in my spare time"

Thread Information