Page 112 of 143 FirstFirst ... 1262102110111112113114122 ... LastLast
Results 1,666 to 1,680 of 2133

Thread: JBL Performance Series

We'll be vewwy vewwy qwuiet ... good luck.

Robh, that's the second wendy-o album cover I've seen in the same number of days...
    weird.

finally received all four PT800, the two PS1400, and PC600 by Friday.

All "deboxed" mounted, installed, calibrated, and pleasuring the new owner.

My living room is swimming however in a "Ti-Dome '04-esque" sea of decommissioned L7,L5,L3 home theater items stuffed behind the FL/FR stacks, so pix will be delayed until I get them into storage today.

Honestly one of my favorite things to this point are the wall mounted rear PT800s and PC600 above the fireplace and below the TV with just about the most perfect fit one could ask for. Having that done cleanly and out of the way achieves a major goal of mine in having high quality audio in a family friendly setup--well done JBL.
    Performance Series 5.1/1990s L1.L5.L7/L100A
    http://adsoftheworld.com/media/tv/ac...cuses_tube_amp

I have my 4 PT800 surrounds wall mounted, I think they sound great that way.

Quote Originally Posted by JBLAddict View Post

My living room is swimming however in a "Ti-Dome '04-esque" sea of decommissioned L7,L5,L3 home theater items stuffed behind the FL/FR stacks, so pix will be delayed until I get them into storage today.

Honestly one of my favorite things to this point are the wall mounted rear PT800s and PC600 above the fireplace and below the TV with just about the most perfect fit one could ask for. Having that done cleanly and out of the way achieves a major goal of mine in having high quality audio in a family friendly setup--well done JBL.
    Hooray!! Sounds great and no doubt looks great, too. Congratulations!
    Out.

Here's a shot of the temp setup, using the aweful i4 camera. Relocated the L5s to the bedroom, the L7s are off to the side waiting for me to lug them to the storage unit (I think), the old L3 center still sitting there. The PS are on the box cardboard until I get some casters for the spikes (which are quite sharp on the laminate floor)

I'm guessing I can get the front facing woofer, front ported design of the PS closer to the back wall than the L7

I absolutely love not having a floor standing center, and how easily the fairly large PC mounted at the correct tweeter height in relation to the FL/FR, using the small wood trim above the fireplace for the screws (I verified when mounting the TV that the radiated heat from the fireplace goes outward only, with the convective heat rising up the flue, so should be OK here). I'll tuck the floor running wire behind the TV and out the right side with the TV cables).

The rear left PT is sitting on the floor backing to the sliding glass door, I need a recommendation on a stand for the PT if anyone has one??

A friend works for Panasonic and gave me the friends/family discount site and I'm really thinking of upgrading my now outdated 2006 plasma to the new 55" VT30, a really high performing gorgeous all black panel.

Without rehashing listening impressions of this thread I will tap into an area rarely discussed-- HT use, which ends up being 90% of the time my system is used with a family around most the time. For the first time, watching sports in SS is truly enjoyable. While I spend a lot of time calibrating the L series setup, there was a lack of cohesiveness and air that just didn't work in comparison. With 5 essentially identical speakers, designed for HT purposes, the difference is quite remarkable. Announcer vocals are balanced and clear, ambient crowd noise is pleasing rather than annoying and panning during movies is seamless/cohesive in a way that just wasn't working before. While I was really seeking an improvement to 2CH listening as well as MCH music, the dramatic improvement to HT movies/television is turning out to be BY FAR the biggest surprise as I've never heard Ti-Domes system outside of music. Honestly, for what this system is delivering for EVERY type of listening, can't think of another near this price range that could come close....

Name:  PS.jpg
Views: 1016
Size:  87.0 KB

^^^
    I would keep the front stacks as far from the back wall as possible.

Awesome that they can bring you much joy and entertainment.
    Happy they worked out so well for you.

Quote Originally Posted by grumpy View Post
    Awesome that they can bring you much joy and entertainment.
    Happy they worked out so well for you.
    Thanks, just note it was your tuning and demonstration of the PT250 (having heard the PS 5.4 many times) that caused me to go home and finally pull the BIN trigger days later on the first pair of PT800s that led to this point

The rear left PT is sitting on the floor backing to the sliding glass door, I need a recommendation on a stand for the PT if anyone has one??
    Just re-asking my question, does anyone know of a stand that fits the odd hole pattern of the PT800 (and NO, don't suggest a PS1400 )

Congratulations. It took me over three years to do that.

Just re-asking my question, does anyone know of a stand that fits the odd hole pattern of the PT800 (and NO, don't suggest a PS1400 )
    The bottom plate of the PT800 can be removed and fixed to just about any stand capable of supporting it. The PT800 plate will lay flush on any flat surface. So it's really just a matter of getting a stand of the correct height with a flat plate big enough for the PT800. If the top plate on the stand is larger than the footprint of the PT800, you could also just bolt the speaker directly to that. They are standard sized machine screws that go into the speaker.

Quote Originally Posted by rdgrimes View Post
    ^^^
    I would keep the front stacks as far from the back wall as possible.
    The bottom plate of the PT800 can be removed and fixed to just about any stand capable of supporting it. The PT800 plate will lay flush on any flat surface. So it's really just a matter of getting a stand of the correct height with a flat plate big enough for the PT800. If the top plate on the stand is larger than the footprint of the PT800, you could also just bolt the speaker directly to that. They are standard sized machine screws that go into the speaker.
    JBLAddict, as you know, all my PS1400/PT800 stacks are very close to the boundaries of the room, including those are are near actual walls. Having written that, you also know that the room that they're in only has two real walls, and two walls that are only about 24" high. Nonetheless, I've found that proximity to the walls is less of an issue with the stacks than almost any other speaker, due in no small part to the front firing ports on the PS1400, the PT800's sealed enclosure, the EOS WaveGuides, and the ISOPower® baffle.

You can always move them nearer/farther and figure it out for yourself from a subjective point of view, OR you could invite grumpy and me down for our expert analysis and free beer.

rd is right on the money about the PT800 being mountable on almost any stand if you don't mind drilling four holes. Since he's in NM and can't drop by, I "Have Drill, Will Travel"* and could help you totally ruin a speaker stand to find the perfect mounting scenario.

*You know he was a JBL fan, right?
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Out.

thanks, I'll take a look at the plate again, look up some off the shelf stands and see what I can do

thanks, I'll take a look at the plate again, look up some off the shelf stands and see what I can do
    I use a couple of these for all purpose stands.

http://www.amazon.com/Sanus-Steel-Fo...6110383&sr=8-5

Very heavy and they have a extra large top plate that will support much larger speakers than the PT800. They are not cheap in pairs. Can be filled with sand or shot, come with spikes and rubber pads.

Quote Originally Posted by Titanium Dome View Post
    *You know he was a JBL fan, right?
    the show predates me, so I didn't know him, the show, let alone what speaker brand he endorsed

stay tuned on a hosted day, it's an issue of almost never having the house w/o the three little ones around, but if the opportunity arises, something I definitely would like to do.....Chicago's Best is right down the street and they sell in bulk the authentic Vienna Beef, hot giardiniera, rolls, and au jus to make a real Chicago beef sandwich, which is unlike any other in any city anywhere as you prolly know

Thread Information