Page 110 of 143 FirstFirst ... 1060100108109110111112120 ... LastLast
Results 1,636 to 1,650 of 2133

Thread: JBL Performance Series

Quote Originally Posted by rdgrimes View Post
    I run the front stacks as large, plus I feed them the LFE signal too. But with 4x HTPS400 you don't really need the PS1400 for sub duty. I think you'll be very happy with the simple 80Hz crossover and fronts as large.
    Thanks RD.

Quote Originally Posted by rpatt View Post
    I’m having a problem figuring out how I’m going to bass manage my performance system. I have 4-PT800s, 1-PC600, 2-PS1400s, 4-HTPS400s. I’m planning on running the fronts as PS/PT towers using the internal PS crossover. I’m using a Yamaha RX-V3800 as a Pre-Pro (I have separate power amps). I want to run the front towers as small and cross over to the HTPS400s at 40-Hz and the center & surrounds as small crossed over at 80-Hz. The problem is that the Yamaha won’t let me do that. There is only one crossover setting for all speakers set to small. I have a Velodyne SMS-1 that I could run the front signal through but it has a fixed crossover at 80-Hz. Would it cause a problem to run the fronts as large, the center & surrounds as small and crossover to the HTPS400s at 80-Hz? Any other options you can think of? I've exhausted my HT budget and have to make this work until I can afford a dedicated Pre-Pro.
    Yes, you should designate the fronts as large and the surrounds/center as 'small'. Even if you were able to cross the HTPS400s at 40Hz, I think you'd be happier crossing them at 80Hz. At 40Hz there be such limited signal going to them they'd be under-utilized. As I recall 80Hz is the THX standard.

My own system is set up with two PT800/PS1400 coupled as towers set to 'large'. The PC600 center and PT800 surrounds are all set to 'small'. And there's one additional PS1400 set up as a sub. It all sounds very good for both home theater and audio only.

Quote Originally Posted by porschedpm View Post
    Yes, you should designate the fronts as large and the surrounds/center as 'small'. Even if you were able to cross the HTPS400s at 40Hz, I think you'd be happier crossing them at 80Hz. At 40Hz there be such limited signal going to them they'd be under-utilized. As I recall 80Hz is the THX standard.

My own system is set up with two PT800/PS1400 coupled as towers set to 'large'. The PC600 center and PT800 surrounds are all set to 'small'. And there's one additional PS1400 set up as a sub. It all sounds very good for both home theater and audio only.
    Thanks for the help.

New L100 Stands!!

Oh, and I used them to elevate these new metallic speakers I picked up
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Performance Series 5.1/1990s L1.L5.L7/L100A
    http://adsoftheworld.com/media/tv/ac...cuses_tube_amp

The Velodyne crossover frquency is adjustable.

Quote Originally Posted by Rusnzha View Post
    The Velodyne crossover frquency is adjustable.
    I'll recheck the manual.

Looked in manual, Low Pass is adjustable between 15 & 199 Hz or off. Slope can be set to 6, 12, 18, 24, 30, 36, 42, and 48 dB/octave.

Looked in manual, Low Pass is adjustable between 15 & 199 Hz or off. Slope can be set to 6, 12, 18, 24, 30, 36, 42, and 48 dB/octave.
    I also checked. You are correct if you connect the SMS-1 to the LFE or SW out but the crossover is for all of the speakers. I want to crossover the L/R Front separately. This can be done if you connect the SMS-1 to the L/R out of the receiver PRE-OUT then back to the L/R amp inputs but the crossover is fixed at 80-Hz when using this configuration.

Quote Originally Posted by rpatt View Post
    I also checked. You are correct if you connect the SMS-1 to the LFE or SW out but the crossover is for all of the speakers. I want to crossover the L/R Front separately. This can be done if you connect the SMS-1 to the L/R out of the receiver PRE-OUT then back to the L/R amp inputs but the crossover is fixed at 80-Hz when using this configuration.
    Are you referring to the Hi-Pass?

Are you referring to the Hi-Pass?
    Yes.

Quote Originally Posted by JBLAddict View Post
    Oh, and I used them to elevate these new metallic speakers I picked up
    Did you swipe those out of my garage?
    Out.

Quote Originally Posted by Titanium Dome View Post
    Did you swipe those out of my garage?
    LOL after the last PT250 demo, decided I could no longer stay apart from the vocals and air of the PS. While very very satisfied with my L7s, those euphoric vocals are something I've wanted since auditioning the L7 for purchase and "accidentally" hearing the PT800s mounted behind them-- future visits to "Casa del Ti" furthered confirmed what's haunted me.

After noting the auction frequency had dropped to nil, and a little pocket change came my way, when this set came up looking near new, with boxes, manual and mounting brackets, I figured under $450ea. including shipping was reasonable risk. Got em Saturday, and have been screwing around running L7/PT800 A/Bs using the Oppo83SE to send everything under 100Hz to my one sub via the MCH analog outs.

The A/B certainly confirms most of what I thought, that the L7 really is a fine fine speaker, but the 704G just can't compete with the 904Ti (?), and I'm sure the midbass/tweet delta is contributing differences I'm not able to quantify just yet.

I'm kicking myself a bit because the seller had those two near new looking PS1400s that should be sitting below my PT800s for the same price as the PTs. Funny side note, when I explained the situation to my wife while perching them atop the L100s, she exclaimed "why would you buy half a speaker?

So in the meantime, I've got a rig, without a good way to elevate them securely with a 5 yr old animal running around, and my <100Hz all coming from one sub, but hey it's a start I guess.

does anyone have the tech sheets for the PT, PC, PS ?
    Thanks in advance

PT800 tech

Here you go.
    Out.

PC600 tech

Here you go again.
    Out.

Thread Information