Page 102 of 143 FirstFirst ... 25292100101102103104112 ... LastLast
Results 1,516 to 1,530 of 2133

Thread: JBL Performance Series

Mike Ronesia
    Quote Originally Posted by KCM View Post
    <-------Me, too.
    I'm not sure if it was here or AVS but I do know it was TDome and all of his glowing reviews. I did read this whole thread over the course of a couple of months a couple of years ago.

Mike Ronesia
    Quote Originally Posted by KCM View Post
    I found some 1/2" thick ,black fiberglass sheet at work and had the pieces cut on a waterjet yesterday. Drilled the holes and I'm good to go
    I made some out of wood blocks and wrapped them in aluminum flashing to mount 2 of my PS800's on my L8400's and it looks OK. I just used some spray adhesive for the bottom piece. The camera flash picks up all the little defects but in real life it's not bad. The only hard part was taking the drill to the subs. I hate defacing things and the tops will never be the same again.

Here's to hopping my PS1400's come with the hardware.

Mike Ronesia
    Quote Originally Posted by Titanium Dome View Post
    most
    I think we know who you're talking about.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Ronesia View Post
    I'm not sure if it was here or AVS but I do know it was TDome and all of his glowing reviews. I did read this whole thread over the course of a couple of months a couple of years ago.
    Sometimes I'll do a search for something and it takes me to someplace in this thread where I haven't been in a long time, and I'll see stuff I wrote that I don't even remember--sometimes in answer to the very thing I'm trying to find out.

Then I'm like, oh frac! I'm losing it, slowly but surely, I'm losing it.
    Out.

I think we know who you're talking about.

Now everyone's going, "Does he mean me?"

NO, I mean that other guy. Heh-heh, heh-heh.
    Out.

"Hey Butthead, what is teenspirit?"
    "You mean you don't know. Dude, then I'm not gonna tell you."
    Now shut up..., or I'll tell everyone about your Winger t-shirt.

Quote Originally Posted by rpatt View Post
    I wonder how many people ended up buying PS speakers after discovering them in this thread?
    <--------

At least I think so; hell, I don't remember. Must be losing it along with Dome.

Quote Originally Posted by mikebake View Post
    <--------

At least I think so; hell, I don't remember. Must be losing it along with Dome.
    You're going to have to sprint to catch up with me.

The upside of losing it is that you just plain enjoy more and more as reality detaches from your declining corpus.
    Out.

I made some out of wood blocks and wrapped them in aluminum flashing to mount 2 of my PS800's on my L8400's and it looks OK. I just used some spray adhesive for the bottom piece. The camera flash picks up all the little defects but in real life it's not bad. The only hard part was taking the drill to the subs. I hate defacing things and the tops will never be the same again.

Here's to hopping my PS1400's come with the hardware.
    Mark,

Your dedication to quality shows in your work. There's nothing to excuse in your execution. They look really nice. Here's hoping the real thing exhibits the same commitment.
    Out.

Mike Ronesia
    Mark,

Your dedication to quality shows in your work. There's nothing to excuse in your execution. They look really nice. Here's hoping the real thing exhibits the same commitment.
    Thanks Doug,

The PS's are about a week out and I am starting to get excited. Holding off on bringing them home until the 14th might just be too hard. I was going to be on vacation that week but the boss moved it because he couldn't provide cover for me so now my plan of quality play time while Tammy was at work is postponed until the first of March.

The real thing is going to be sweeet!

FWIW, I've had extensive ear time with 250Ti, and maybe a pristine pair with solid drivers would be competitive, but I like the Ti inverted domes much, much better than the kit in the 250Ti, and the smooth-domed Ti tweeter, too. I guess just the larger (250Ti) cabinet volume gets better bass from the 14 and it definitely looks better.

Actually, I'm on a long, slow journey to putting Performance Series drivers in L250 cabs and actively quad-amping them. That should be the best of both (or the worst).
    This journey continued today with Grumpy doing most of the walking. We hooked up the BSS-366T that he had updated the firmware on, and after several changes in equipment, connections, and placement we got rolling. I took a few pictures, which I will upload later along with more PT250 speculation.
    Out.

Looking forward to the results.

250 down! 250 down!

Disclaimer: these are cell phone photos, so don't tell me they suck.

Here's the L250 cab lying down with the Performance Series drivers in place. The drivers are resting on foam gaskets to generate a seal and to allow the wires to be routed through the front for testing.

NOTHING we're doing here today has anything to do with final set up and calibration, so idiotic questions will be ignored. This is a chance to test the equipment together (enclosure, drivers, BSS Omnidrive, amps, London Architect, source) to make sure we can justify the extensive work that lies ahead.

If it looks like the BSS unit is all we hope it is, then it makes sense to do the rest: actively quad-amp Performance Series drivers in a modified L250 cabinet.

The cabinet is placed on the floor so that later the mic can be hung overheard. Obviously this restricts the rear port, and we're opting at this point to use the poorly refoamed LE14H-1 that came with the L250 for these tests. A better LE14H-x driver will be used if there is a final version.

Remember, this is just to test all the parts and get comfortable with the equipment.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Out.

Now that I've made all the connections from the drivers to the amps, from the amps to the BSS, and the BSS to the source, it's good to have a second pair of eyes follow the trail. Let's not blow a tweeter on the first attempt.

Grumpy checks it out.
    Out.

Audiophiles and perfectionists make sure that power cords and speaker wire and interconnects don't lie on top of each other and get all mixed together. Obviously, we're unconcerned.
    Out.

Thread Information