Page 105 of 143 FirstFirst ... 55595103104105106107115 ... LastLast
Results 1,561 to 1,575 of 2133

Thread: JBL Performance Series

Okay, I'm going to get some of these glow lights and wrap them around the drivers. "Problem" solved!
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Out.

Quote Originally Posted by rdgrimes View Post
    In the interest of completeness, shouldn't you be using LE14H-3 woofs in these?
    You offering to donate a pair?

I'm pretty sure the LE14H-1 works very well in this cabinet, and, like hand grenades and horseshoes, it's "close enough."
    Out.

Quote Originally Posted by Titanium Dome View Post
    You offering to donate a pair?
    This from the guy who owns more LE14H-3s than anyone else in the world. If for no other reason, you should use them cause they are prettier.

Looking at those drivers in the Teak cabinet, they seem to be asking for piano black finish.

we -gotta- figure out how to put blue-LED lit 077's in there then
    ...they don't even have to work

(ah, that's a joke, son)

80sKid
    If the experiment goes well and the sound is promising...

You might consider having new cabinets made. That would both solve the problem of hacking the L250 cabinet and allow you to spare a pair of legendary speakers from being lost from the world (truly something worth considering, IMO).

I'd even wager that the resale of the L250s would cover the cabinet and crossover costs.

Personally, if I were mounting the drivers, I would stick with the screws in the classic four "corners". I think the vertical alignment looks funny.

The silver ring for the the woofer definitely helps the appearance and prevents the LE14 form looking like an odd man out. Were it my project, I would definitely plan on putting that ring on there permanently.

I'm enjoying following this project!

About time!!!!

someone got around to this project. way to go Dome.. looks interesting. Russ told me today that you were doing this and i had to check it out

Go man go.......

some thoughts

Dome, it should sound pretty good based on my own experiences in this direction... Just getting everything in a single box alone should make a big difference in sound compared to standard PS setup, also the larger box for the woofer will make a nice difference too... need to put the newer woofers in there my friend...

Tweeter may be a real bitch..
    are you going to design new passive CC crossovers???

will watch the progress

Quote Originally Posted by JBLnsince1959 View Post
    Dome, it should sound pretty good based on my own experiences in this direction... Just getting everything in a single box alone should make a big difference in sound compared to standard PS setup, also the larger box for the woofer will make a nice difference too... need to put the newer woofers in there my friend...

Tweeter may be a real bitch..
    are you going to design new passive CC crossovers???

will watch the progress
    Four-way active my friend: BSS FDS 366T Omnidrive Compact Plus. We'll use four of the six channels in each unit. It's like 100 crossovers in one, plus EQ.

Great to see you!
    Out.

They're alive!

Grumpy came over today and we breathed life into the PT250s. They sounded really, really good. Sadly now, I feel the XPL200s suffer in comparison, and my still original L250s are pale, pale, pale by comparison.

He has some screen shots he might share, and I'll get a few snapshots over the weekend.

We had a great time just listening to music on these wonderful PT250s. There's the possibility of more tweaking, but right now, they're too good to work on. Music must prevail!
    Out.

Congratulations dome, wish I could hear them. Ricks PT800s (PS1400s?) are starting to go but good. I have never heard such things from a 2.1 set-up. How do your PS250s sound next to the 2 boxes.

80sKid
    Very cool.

Dome, your comment that this new speaker creation is proving to be superior to both the XPL200 and original L250 is very encouraging! Especially when you say you wanted to simply listen and didn't feel a strong compulsion to fiddle with the crossovers.

It seems to me that you're creating something that several of us will want to have in our own home!

So, you'll be ready to take orders for a small production run of this unique speaker before the end of the year, right?!
    Last edited by 80sKid; 07-02-2011 at 07:44 AM. Reason: Grammar

Help.

One of my PS1400 is dead. I think as a result of a power surge. Does anyone have a link to the service manual? The link on page 71 of this thread is no longer functional. There must be a fuse in the amp. Does anyone know the best way to get at the fuse??

Thanks, Mike

Quote Originally Posted by maabx View Post
    One of my PS1400 is dead. I think as a result of a power surge. Does anyone have a link to the service manual? The link on page 71 of this thread is no longer functional. There must be a fuse in the amp. Does anyone know the best way to get at the fuse??

Thanks, Mike
    Sorry to read that, but not surprised. PM me an email address, and I'll send the 3.3 MB file to you.
    Out.

Thank you Titanium Dome. Just sent you my email address.

Thread Information