Page 76 of 143 FirstFirst ... 2666747576777886126 ... LastLast
Results 1,126 to 1,140 of 2133

Thread: JBL Performance Series

Quote Originally Posted by Titanium Dome View Post
    As I recall, you don't just have "some" 250 enclosures; you have the XPL250 enclosures, n'est-ce pas?
    Oui, exactement mon ami!

BTW.. Just a quick note to everyone, Hope you all are having a great Holiday season. I've really missed you guys..

Of course there is some debate ( or questions) as to their origins and whether or not the signature labels are really GT's. 4313B( Hey guy hope all is well) says there's only one XPL250 prototype enclosure and it's in GT's basement. With this I would not argue ( foolish to mess with the Gods).

But the fit, finish and over all design screams "made at JBL". IF they were made at JBL they would most likely be the first "Hey, let's get some numbers box". I'm sure the first thing they would do is to use what they had ( 250 enclosure), do some raw mods and then from the numbers design a true XPL250 prototype enclosure. Confirmation would be nice.

anyway, it doesn't really matter because they are exactly what I need and once I've done my "hack job" on them there will be no more "XPL250" enclosure to worry about.

take care

Quote Originally Posted by jblsound View Post
    And very nice looking boxes they are, as I remember the pics MB uplinked.
    http://audioheritage.org/vbulletin/s...&postcount=748

You know Mike, I didn't remeber seeing those before and went back to read the posts today, only to remember.. Damn I had seen those post and pictures before.. hell I even posted about them... Ok senior moment ( damn scary really)

I'll say it again, the man did great work with those

Quote Originally Posted by JBLnsince1959 View Post
    You know Mike, I didn't remeber seeing those before and went back to read the posts today, only to remember.. Damn I had seen those post and pictures before.. hell I even posted about them... Ok senior moment ( damn scary really)

I'll say it again, the man did great work with those
    Yes he did.
    I didn't have the system hooked up for probably about the last 18 months, and I never really did spend much time with them even initially. I hooked it back up two weeks ago.
    Watched The Dark Knight yesterday on it; it's a nice smooth sounding system, and when the sub1500's are told to get busy, they really put it out. The PT800's are just nice and smooth all the time. I need to listen to these more.

Is there a technical drawing or schematic of the PC600 anywhere? I'm looking for hole sizes and bolt patterns on the baffle.

Technically speaking, there are no bolt holes on the PC600. They use those hex head screws to attach the drivers, so the placement of any mounting holes coincides with where they drill the screws in. You could easily drill new holes, even where the screws went in originally and put T-nuts or whatever in.

Since I'm taking more pictures for my "sell down" thread, I'll do a full view from the front and take some quick measurements. I'll post the measurements here.
    Out.

I'm a little surprised that on a "$1000" speaker they didn't use t-nuts and machine screws. They used t-nuts on the PT800 base mounts, I guess they needed to save that $.063 and use screws instead.

Cutouts on PC600

Okay, since the 906Ti and 904Ti are both circles, I'll use one diagram to provide both sets of dimensions. I'm sure you can figure it out.

As for the TM025/EOS Waveguide cutout, it's too much trouble, so I'll give you basic dimensions. The oval flange for the EOS Waveguide is 4 3/4'" x 3 3/4", and the tweeter cut out is 2" high and 2 13/16" wide.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Out.

Was anyone else watching this:
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=350174121995

I was leery of the seller, a pawn shop in Reno who didn't answer any questions. It sold for more than I expected for having no hardware. Didn't expect to see one all alone.

80sKid
    There's currently some activity on used PT800s.

Of course it's while I have no ability to purchase them...

First is this chap selling a pair of 800s for $1300 on craigslist in Montreal...

http://montreal.pt.craigslist.ca/ele/1064412111.html

Then there's a seller called jblsound selling two sets of five PT800s on ebay...

(yes, that's right, he has 2 sets)

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=280324566676

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=280322597937

I do hope to get a full performance series setup someday. But this seller only has a feedback rating of 10, so I would be skeptical even if I was ready to buy.

JBLSound is a member here and other sites I visit, and he's selling three PT800s for $1300, even though the picture shows five.

I would buy from him in a minute, but I already have more PT800s than I need. No need to worry about the 10 feedback. He'll deliver the products in good condition.
    Out.

Quote Originally Posted by Titanium Dome View Post
    JBLSound is a member here and other sites I visit, and he's selling three PT800s for $1300, even though the picture shows five.

I would buy from him in a minute, but I already have more PT800s than I need. No need to worry about the 10 feedback. He'll deliver the products in good condition.
    He's gone over to the dark side, eBay and PayPal!!!!

Actually he has them listed now as a set of 3 and a separate listing for a pair.

Could use more pictures and descriptions though.

80sKid
    I'm sure he's an upstanding forum member, but those pictures are highly misleading.

Showing a quantity in pictures that doesn't match the description is just bad form, IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by rdgrimes View Post
    He's gone over to the dark side, eBay and PayPal!!!!

Actually he has them listed now as a set of 3 and a separate listing for a pair.

Could use more pictures and descriptions though.
    I couldn't access paypal for about 6 months, guess it had something to do with the firewall as the new firewall brought it back.

Showing a quantity in pictures that doesn't match the description is just bad form, IMO
    It does help if you can read, as I state its either a pair or three in the two auctions. I just didn't bother to take new pics.
    Living in the Land of the Sun

80sKid
    Quote Originally Posted by jblsound View Post
    I couldn't access paypal for about 6 months, guess it had something to do with the firewall as the new firewall brought it back.

It does help if you can read, as I state its either a pair or three in the two auctions. I just didn't bother to take new pics.
    Any firewall that impedes your ability to connect to a web site with a secure https connection is not a very good firewall, or has been misconfigured. PayPal's web site may be a piece of crap, but it's not so bad that it has an inherent problem with firewalls, to my knowledge.

Regarding the auction pictures, you may light of the situation and indicate you think I can't read. As I said in my postings, many potential buyers will think what I did when only glancing at the auction -- that 5 speakers are on offer (as one auction).

I'm quite sure that pictures which show a different quantity than is mentioned in the description is frowned upon on ebay. If you don't want to take pictures again, then crop the photo(s). Even someone "who can't read" can handle that, so I'm sure you can.
    Last edited by 80sKid; 03-22-2009 at 09:49 AM. Reason: fixed grammar

Thread Information