Thread: 4350 woofer alternatives- help needed

Rafael

4350 woofer alternatives- help needed

Hi all,

i've got a pair 4350's in an awful condition, pulled out from a closed club. Before the workers decided to throw them away, the electrician who disconnected the electricity pulled out the woofers to build them in his car system...finally i could rescue the enclosures with the mid horns and tweeters, don't ask...Of course the lenses were broken. It took a long time to restore the cabinets but i've got good results, pics will follow. Of course i could buy some 2202's and 2235's but is there any alternative? I've been searching a long time but it is difficult to get these drivers in a non-abused condition. Thanks for your help.

Rafael

I suppose you could easily get 2225 empty baskets and recone them with original kits as 2235. You'd have pristine drivers. Perhap yu could emove the mass ring on two 2235 and make them 2234... They could be close to 2231...

Here is some info you might find interesting: http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/multi...ml#post2405402

Rafael
    Thanks for your help,

some friends suggested to try the eighteensound 15LW 1401 for the 2235 and the eighteensound 12MB 1000 for the 2202. These drivers were at least good copies of the JBL family, the t/s parameters seem to be similar (o.k., not exact the same but they should work with correction in an active system). Any suggestions ?

Regards, Rafael

Any and every substitute will take the original JBL sound away so it's up to you to experiment...

Thread Information