Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Something Big This Way Comes

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Widget View Post
    they are here because they are demo speakers for our company. Widget
    I'm confused ...was going to PM you to ask that when you kick the old Arrays to the curb, to give me a heads up , but I read the above and conclude that the new ones are company demos ?

They are not yours permanently ? That someone with bux can plop down and you will be back to the 1400's ??

sure, a nice spot to be in...but the day they go away ....
    and for you company..the sooner the better ? and yes, hardships like that are fun...
    Some kind of happiness is measured out in miles

Quote Originally Posted by SEAWOLF97 View Post
    They are not yours permanently ? That someone with bux can plop down and you will be back to the 1400's ??
    Yeah, that really sucks.

Wish that we could all have such a problem.

Quote Originally Posted by rdgrimes View Post
    Yeah, that really sucks.

Wish that we could all have such a problem.
    So the most beautiful and friendly person you've ever met, someone you've admired from afar says, "I'm looking for a place to stay for a while. I'll cook, I'll clean, I'll sing sweetly in your ear day and night, I'll do the gardening, I'll do the laundry, I'll give you any type of sex you want as often as you want, I'll let you bring your friends over to admire your good fortune, and I'll give you a hot bath and massage every day, including a thorough licking in places that you like to be licked. The only catch is, someday I will go away from you with someone else, but until then, I'm yours."

Some people would say, "No way! You're either committing to being with me forever, or you're not coming in. You have to be mine, we have to be exclusive, or it's not right."

I'd say, "Here's the keys to the house; let's have sex" before she or he changed their mind.

Widget? Over to you...

Were we talking about Everests or marriage? I forget.
    Last edited by Titanium Dome; 03-08-2012 at 06:17 PM. Reason: Took some of the heat out of it.
    Out.

Quote Originally Posted by Titanium Dome View Post
    Sure it's overkill, but perhaps not. I've rarely heard anything to match the E2s driven by those amps in that room, and we weren't playing them loud, probably using 3-5W or even less most of the time. The gear you had at CAS to drive the E2s almost two years ago was good quality stuff, and yes the room was challenging, but the E2s were nowhere close to delivering the same level of performance.
    I agree that the Everests as set up by Mr. Timbers at the factory with an Ed Meitner front end and the mighty Levinsons for power sound a hell of a lot better than ours did at the CAS show... and we did have a pile of expensive gear running them. I am currently running a far more modest system than either the CAS system or the one Greg gets to use... and these Everests in my living room sound a hell of a lot better than our pair at the CAS demo. Rooms matter. Next time you are up here, drop by.

In my previous comments about the big Levinson No. 53s... I am not suggesting my system wouldn't sound better with them, but I think a lower power option like the one Grumpy suggested makes more sense.

Widget

Quote Originally Posted by tom1040 View Post
    I know I would have to as well. I sure do wish the Arrays sensitivity was higher than 89db. That would have been awesome.
    I should have listed sensitivity in my initial comparison between the Everests and the 1400 Arrays... the 7 or so dB of added sensitivity is a big deal. With the 1400s while I really liked the sound of my little 80 watt amp and I liked the 30 watt Pass Labs even more, a bigger amp really is necessary for me to fully enjoy them.

Quote Originally Posted by tom1040 View Post
    The E2 and S9900 seems too big for my small room anyway. They look pretty damn cool in your room, Mr. Widget.
    As I mentioned, the K2-S9900s were once positioned as these Everests are... their visual impact is no more and possibly less intrusive than the 1400s... they are certainly a shallower design even though they are slightly wider.

Widget

Quote Originally Posted by SEAWOLF97 View Post
    I'm confused ...was going to PM you to ask that when you kick the old Arrays to the curb, to give me a heads up , but I read the above and conclude that the new ones are company demos ?

sure, a nice spot to be in...but the day they go away ....
    and for you company..the sooner the better ? and yes, hardships like that are fun...
    Well, truth be told the 1400s were originally demos too... but I decided I wouldn't let them go.

By contract with JBL these demo Everests are to be on display for one year. At the end of that time I may sell them or keep them... ask me again next March. I may then be selling my 1400s, these Everests, or none of the above... life is uncertain.

Widget

Quote Originally Posted by Jonis View Post
    Great stuff all around. Congrats Mr. Widget,

BTW- JBLaddict, we regret to inform you that your time slot has been taken by someone else. Please adjust your schedule accordingly*

*hint: recently seen in JBLaddict's signature:
    L100A L7 L5 L1 EC35 LC1, L8400P, PS1400x2, PT800x4, PC600, Everest D66000 from 11pm-7am

congrats, you're either the first to notice or the first to point out that you noticed

if Widget be staying up a wee bit later these days, yes, suppose I will need to adjust my schedule
    Performance Series 5.1/1990s L1.L5.L7/L100A
    http://adsoftheworld.com/media/tv/ac...cuses_tube_amp

Everests

That's pretty cool! I'm glad for you, Widget.

Very nice Widget. Congrats and ENJOY!
    Johnny Haugen Sørgård

Enjoy !!!
    Regards Stephane

WELL WELL WELL.. CONGRATS WIDGET.

I think you now have a few problems.

1. Twelve month's is not a long period of time.

2. I think they will be extremely hard to send back.

3. Now you get to play with something most people on this planet never even get to see, never mind hear.

4. It's about time someone in California represents JBL properly.

Enjoy the beasts while you have them. A shout out from Canada. And from personal experience they are Magnificent.

Looks like somebody is going to be spending more time at home this year. Congratulations putting that deal together. Pretty sweet.

Like the folks on Antiques Roadshow who find out the painting Uncle Fred left them is worth 75k, let your insurance guy know about those babies.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Widget View Post
    .... I am currently running a far more modest system than either the CAS system or the one Greg gets to use... and these Everests in my living room sound a hell of a lot better than our pair at the CAS demo. Rooms matter.

Widget
    Any words to compare with old 4350/4355 or even smaller 4345 ????

Ivica

New Ad Slogan

Mr. Widget: Outstanding! Congrats. Here's my entry for a personalized new/old ad slogan for you and your beautiful speakers: "The JBL Everest DD66000, ask the man who has a pair!

Being a horn fanatic...

I'm green with envy....even if you only have them for a short while it will be a experience most of us will never get the chance to enjoy!

Regards, Ron
    JBL Pro for home use!

Thread Information