After a long drought of concert road trips, I have two coming up in April. I thought a thread where everyone can post what they are pumped up to go see/hear next would be a nice diversion. Please keep this thread free of "They suck" and "I never cared for them" type comments. This has the potential to be uplifting and fun.

I'll start. April 12th I am driving about an hour to Bloomington, Illinois to hear the Joshua Redman/Brad Mehldau Duo. Redman is one of the best Jazz tenor players working, and at the forefront of the newer guys. Mehldau is a frequent collaborator, on grand piano. I'm going with a best friend who shares music with me every week and is my closest hifi partner in crime.

The next week on April 17th I drive two hours to Davenport, Iowa to hear the Cowboy Junkies in a modest club (my favorite way to hear music). I will probably be solo on this trip. The Junkies have been together for twenty-five years and this is the first time I have managed to hear them live. I am so pumped I get short of breath thinking about it.

Clark