Thread: Is this 2425J original?

Is this 2425J original?

I have never seen one this color. It is like a mixture in color of light brown/tan and gray. It actually has more brown in it than the flash allows. Is this original or were these only produced in black. DName:  IMG_0427.jpg
Views: 613
Size:  86.8 KBName:  IMG_0428.jpg
Views: 496
Size:  95.4 KBName:  IMG_0429.jpg
Views: 519
Size:  91.8 KBebating on even bothering with these as they have some issues but who knows.

That color looks right for an old driver. Looks like they got wet.

Rob
    "I could be arguing in my spare time"

I have one of those. The real oddity of the one I have is it has a removable snout. It is one inch thick and held on by three socket head cap screws. Same three bolt pattern. I have been looking for a mate for it just for fun. Is your like this?
    If we knew what the hell we were doing, we wouldn't call it research would we.

Quote Originally Posted by 1audiohack View Post
    I have one of those. The real oddity of the one I have is it has a removable snout. It is one inch thick and held on by three socket head cap screws. Same three bolt pattern. I have been looking for a mate for it just for fun. Is your like this?
    Is yours beige in color? What color do they call that anyway? Can't be gray.

first gen

that was the very first generation - only lasted a few months before the one piece casting was available (in black). I had a mix of them when I received a large batch for a club install.

If you remove the snout, show us a detailed picture. I think it can be mounted to the newer 1.5" horns with a little drilling.

BTW - it's standard JBL pro-gray. Use some 409 to get the ( brown ) cigarette smoke off it.

sub

Here's the shorty, and it's surely more brown than gray:Name:  Picture 030.jpg
Views: 452
Size:  61.0 KBName:  Picture 028.jpg
Views: 444
Size:  78.6 KBName:  Picture 029.jpg
Views: 440
Size:  71.5 KB

The bore through the extension is about 0.980' and has no taper.

Mine are exactly the same as yours 1audiohack. It is light brown, that confirms it as original then. I am thinking of repainting/ powder coating the covers to the same color and fine textured finish they are now. I can safely remove emblems with a heat gun easy with no damage. Might as well have them media blasted too. There is bubbling under the paint. You don't happen to know the name of the color and /or the paint code used to match this finish? Might be best to have the local guys match it. I am leaning toward powder coating.

Hmmm. Powder coating reqiures a right fair amount of heat to finish and those drivers are only bonded together. I have no clue on a color code, sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by 1audiohack View Post
    Hmmm. Powder coating reqiures a right fair amount of heat to finish and those drivers are only bonded together. I have no clue on a color code, sorry.
    Just the diaphragm covers. The bodies aren't bad at all and for the heat reason I wouldn't have considered powder coat. agree that it would destroy them further.

Thread Information