Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Comments on 4365!

Quote; Bias the network and call it done.

What does this mean? Is it CC? Does it mean adjust for bi-amping? Can it be done fairly easily? I certainly would not touch the networks but if I could find someone who could.............how would this change affect the sound?

Sorry, just curious.
    Careful man, there's a beverage here!

Obsolete
    The 1400 Array network comes in two parts, the low frequency network and the horn network. I've been trying to get the horn network for several years to see what it would take to bias. The low frequency network is always in stock while the horn network is always out of stock.

Quote Originally Posted by tom1040 View Post
    Quote; Bias the network and call it done.

What does this mean? Is it CC? Does it mean adjust for bi-amping? Can it be done fairly easily? I certainly would not touch the networks but if I could fing someone who could.............how would this change affect the sound?

Sorry, just curious.
    It's easy!4313B will do all these thing for your 1400,don't forget he is a C-C network expert
    46 lover

Quote Originally Posted by martin_wu99 View Post
    It's easy!4313B will do all these thing for your 1400,don't forget he is a C-C network expert
    Easy? Not for me. I do not think 4313B would want to drive from Ohio to Maine. However, that is nice of you to offer his services though.
    Last edited by tom1040; 07-17-2012 at 05:17 AM. Reason: correction

Quote Originally Posted by 4313B View Post
    The 1400 Array network comes in two parts, the low frequency network and the horn network. I've been trying to get the horn network for several years to see what it would take to bias. The low frequency network is always in stock while the horn network is always out of stock.

So this needs to be done in two stages? What would occur if just the LF network was 'tweaked'? By the way, would this result in increased efficiently? You you say the network is out of stock, does that mean the Array horn module and network as it is when new?

Again, I am sorry for my uselessness in this area.

Easy? Not for me. I do not think 4313B would want to drive from Ohio to Maine. However, that is nice to offer his services though.
    How far is it from Ohio to Maine?
    But if you have cold bear,a big table dinner and a pretty girl prepared,he has no reason not to go your home
    46 lover

How far is it from Ohio to Maine?
    But if you have cold bear,a big table dinner and a pretty girl prepared,he has no reason not to go your home

Kinda' funny you should mention that.......I am pretty sure he/she was warm, but we had a large black bear within 15 feet of our home last week. It tore down the birdfeeder. It occured at about 2 a.m. and woke us up. Turned the lights on in the front year and ..boom...there it was. Apparently, they are stocking up on food before the winter is upon us. This has occured many times in Maine this year to homeowners.

That aside, I know you meant beer. I would have that. Pretty girl would be my wife but he is not going to have her....and we would have a few lobsters for the dinner table.

2 out of 3?

Kinda' funny you should mention that.......I am pretty sure he/she was warm, but we had a large black bear within 15 feet of our home last week. It tore down the birdfeeder. It occured at about 2 a.m. and woke us up. Turned the lights on in the front year and ..boom...there it was. Apparently, they are stocking up on food before the winter is upon us. This has occured many times in Maine this year to homeowners.

That aside, I know you meant beer. I would have that. Pretty girl would be my wife but he is not going to have her....and we would have a few lobsters for the dinner table.

2 out of 3?
    Really?a real bear within 15 feet of your home?horrible
    Do you live near sea?lobster is one of my favorite food
    46 lover

Enough of others promising Giskard-for-hire services in the Northeast
    The big G himself has never made any such promises.

Back to the main topic - where exactly can we buy a JBL 4365 "monitor" and what would a pair cost us ...
    I've been selling off my older speakers and a new quality JBL might be a worthwhile upgrade ...
    2ch: WiiM Pro; Topping E30 II DAC; Oppo, Acurus RL-11, Acurus A200, JBL Dynamics Project - Offline: L212-TwinStack, VonSchweikert VR-4
    7: TIVO, Oppo BDP103D, B&K, 2pr UREI 809A, TF600, JBL B460

Really?a real bear within 15 feet of your home?horrible
    Do you live near sea?lobster is one of my favorite food

Yes. A big black bear within 15 feet of my home. Not to uncommon for this area, but certainly the first time in 22 years at this location that we have witnessed it. First and last, I hope-for my cats sake!

Yes. I live on the coast of Maine and the lobster industry is very large here. A lot of tax clients!

Sorry, hjames, I was just playing along. I did not and do not expect ANYONE to come to my 'rescue', so to speak.

So, Where could these interesting speakers be found(perferably on the East Coast of the US of A)?

Quote Originally Posted by hjames View Post
    Enough of others promising Giskard-for-hire services in the Northeast
    The big G himself has never made any such promises.

Back to the main topic - where exactly can we buy a JBL 4365 "monitor" and what would a pair cost us ...
    I've been selling off my older speakers and a new quality JBL might be a worthwhile upgrade ...
    I have checked the prices of 1400 and 4365 in China,1400 is 49K RMB,4365 is 60k RMB.
    You can order it in Hongkong too,the JBL dealer have stocks available,it maybe more cheaper.
    46 lover

I have checked the prices of 1400 and 4365 in China,1400 is 49K RMB,4365 is 60k RMB.
    You can order it in Hongkong too,the JBL dealer have stocks available,it maybe more cheaper.
    No no = that is NOT what it will cost me ...
    I am in Virginia, USA, not in Hong Kong or China.
    Your Asian prices are NOT INFORMATIVE.

You do NOT need to reply to this -
    let someone that KNOWS SOMETHING state the answer please.
    2ch: WiiM Pro; Topping E30 II DAC; Oppo, Acurus RL-11, Acurus A200, JBL Dynamics Project - Offline: L212-TwinStack, VonSchweikert VR-4

Obsolete
    Quote Originally Posted by hjames View Post
    May G.T. suggest the S4700?

There is currently zero market for the 4365 in the U.S.

Quote Originally Posted by 4313B View Post
    May G.T. suggest the S4700?

There is currently zero market for the 4365 in the U.S.
    Thank you, but, now we are back to "where can I go hear a pair before I buy?"
    Without flying cross-country to hear the LA collector's collection

Ah - from the S4700 thread ...

Quote Originally Posted by jpw View Post
    We have all of the above in stock. At $20,000 pair US, the S4700 lands nicely between K2 and 1400 Array in both price and performance. It is markedly more dynamic with a less resonant quality to voices in the lower midrange and more linear bottom than the 1400 Array. It does not have the refined look or sound of the K2 though. It has a balanced sound overall, but a bit more forward in personality than the 1400 Array.
    I think he's in Iowa...

Obsolete
    You can go to their new website, plug in your zip code and it will tell you who is near. The closest facility to me is ninety miles away and they are a "Displaying System Dealer".

For example:
    DEALER: AUDIO VIDEO INTERIORS, INC.
    ADDRESS: 7204 PEARL ROAD
    CITY, STATE, ZIP: MIDDLEBURG HEIGHTS, OH 44130
    PHONE: 440-886-6666
    DISTANCE: 88.49mi
    CATEGORY: Displaying System Dealer
    ALSO CARRIES: Lexicon

Thread Information