Thread: Has anyone heard a JBL pd5322/95 ? Or any design using the cmcd drivers?

Has anyone heard a JBL pd5322/95 ? Or any design using the cmcd drivers?

Hi, I have been researching the CMCD cone / compression drivers ( cmcd-82h and cmcd-61h) after I saw some posts claiming that it was one of the best mids ever, and reading the jbl paper explaining the design. I noticed that it was used in the PD5322/95, a pro speaker using dual slot loaded 12" woofers, but I have not been able to find any reviews of the speaker. Has anyone heard it? Or even heard of it? Any help would be appreciated. I am thinking of trying to use it for dedicated home music listening. Is that crazy? Thanks.

Hi, it is not what you ask for but maybe a cousin. The hornloaded 6,5" JBL 195h (eminence LA6-CBMR) mid in the PRX 635 consider the price sounds very well IMHO. https://www.jblpro.com/ProductAttach..._PRX635.v9.pdf

//Karl

Quote Originally Posted by Kalle View Post
    Hi, it is not what you ask for but maybe a cousin. The hornloaded 6,5" JBL 195h (eminence LA6-CBMR) mid in the PRX 635 consider the price sounds very well IMHO. https://www.jblpro.com/ProductAttach..._PRX635.v9.pdf

//Karl

Thanks Karl. I took the plunge and ordered the PD5322/95 using the cmcd-81h midrange horn. The deal was just too good to pass up. I would still really like to hear from anyone else who has heard / used this driver. How did you get it to sound it's best? etc. I imagine that I will have to modify the PD5322 for home use, given that I'm assuming the design sacrifices some fidelity in the service of power handling / required dispersion etc. particularly where the woofers are concerned. Any input is appreciated. Thanks.

You can ask member Bruno_du_13 about his experience with that mid in the srx738, combined with both the 2431h and D2430k on the rectangular PT waveguide.

This PD5322 must be impressive for music listening if combined with subs, and with a good listening distance.

Thread Information