Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Widget View Post
That alone is reason enough to go that route. I agree that the horizontal pair of 15"ers is very macho looking....

Having heard both a number of times in different rooms, I'd suggest the 4355s have more punch and will play stupid loud extremely well. The 4345s have a bit more nuance and detail.

Both systems are big and bold and will certainly impress... I do prefer the newer designs as tonal accuracy and imaging are important to me, but for the cost of a pair of 43XX clones or even fine vintage originals, it is hard to go wrong.

Widget

I really value this advice.

I too am looking into building 2 pairs of 4355 or 4350,s for a loft style party space

Having used Urei 813B,s for a while I really seem to be drawn to these type of JBL enclosures.. sure they're big, but for big rooms they seem to really hold their own. Solid.

They are beautifully simple and cost effective to build.. and with veneers they can get very nice

I keep going over options for drivers, amplification, processing,,, its fun to be inspired by all the designs and the sound of JBL