Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Big Loud Party Speakers

Quote Originally Posted by Lee in Montreal View Post
    Hi Charles

Trying to understand what your needs are. Big loft party system... Don't you have a friend with eight 4520s? Grab two, load with 2225s or 2220s. Front horn loaded lower mid cabinet on top, and the usual mid horn with 2" compression drivers, and 2405 on top. With a digital crossover/processor, the whole systen can sound very hifi. If you don't want to use scoops, then replace each 4520 by a pair of BR cabinets with twin 2226 in each and skip the lower mid cabinet. You'll get a 3-way system. A 24" x 36" x 20" cabinet loaded with two 2226 is easier to move around than a big 4520.

This is exactly what the original Stereo Montreal sound installer had recommended.. I am pitchiing the 4520 stack idea to the owners..

Quote Originally Posted by Charles0322 View Post
    This is exactly what the original Stereo Montreal sound installer had recommended.. I am pitchiing the 4520 stack idea to the owners..
    Speaking of 4520s, do you have any pictures for the ones being sold in the classifieds section?

BTW I work at home and listen all all day long to deep house, jazz, dub reggae, funk thru my 4520/2395/2405 set-up and don't feel any fatigue. It is in fact very satisfactory. And when I want it loud, then I just crank the pre-amp.

I wish I had a loft for my set-up.

I was asked by friends to not post anything.. lol. seems like they are interested in purchasing.

4520/2395/2405 is a great combo.. and is pretty much the basis of every dance stack I have experienced at length as well with my time at the original Stereo,,

check this out.. got tweeters lol :P A system in NYC, Sting International lugs around to his parties = Dedication

here is the club I play at now..

albeit I am playing in the smaller room

Quote Originally Posted by Lee in Montreal View Post
    Speaking of 4520s, do you have any pictures for the ones being sold in the classifieds section?

BTW I work at home and listen all all day long to deep house, jazz, dub reggae, funk thru my 4520/2395/2405 set-up and don't feel any fatigue. It is in fact very satisfactory. And when I want it loud, then I just crank the pre-amp.

I wish I had a loft for my set-up.

I think I recognize that system in the second picture. I just don't remember from where.

Funktion 1 ...... very nice , but not in the same league as the OPUS Technologies sound .

Quote Originally Posted by richluvsound View Post
    Funktion 1 ...... very nice , but not in the same league as the OPUS Technologies sound .
    What do you think of Void.. this Incubus system is supposed to be installed somewhere in NYC end of this year..
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Quote Originally Posted by Charles0322 View Post
    What do you think of Void.. this Incubus system is supposed to be installed somewhere in NYC end of this year..
    That is one sinister looking rig!

Thread Information