Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Bad News 250 Ti's

Quote Originally Posted by SEAWOLF97 View Post
    so what's the status ??? do they stay or do they go ?
    Waiting on the seller and/or Paypal to figure out what they want to do about refunding my money......hopefully!

Update/dilemma

OK everybody......here is the UPDATE:

After a hectic and stressful past 6 weeks, PayPal/Ebay has refunded me the whole amount paid(~$2700.00), including the original shipping.

Stressful, because I kept getting the run-around about shipping them back to the seller. I called at least 20 shippers. Eighteen of them would not come to a residence for pick-up and they would NOT secure and strap them down on the pallet. The other 2 wanted over $3000.00 to secure, package, pickup at my home, and ship! I did not have the means to deliver them to the shipper myself, nor would I get reimbursed for my time and trouble. I also felt...why should I? I did nothing wrong.....I was the paying customer who got cheated out of something that was promised. Either the seller was not forthcoming of the true condition of the speakers, or they were damaged during the shipping process. Either way, was not any fault of mine. The seller, who was a third party called, Sales Baron, "washed their hands" of the situation.
    I also don't know why the shippers insurance was not brought in to this.

In the end, PayPal was committed to giving me the refund, but not organized enough, or committed to getting them shipped back to the seller. They were even disappointed and disheartened at their effort, or lack there of to get this done.

So.....their final decision was to refund in full AND let me keep the speakers!!

OK, here is the DILEMMA:

I would first like to state that this was NOT my original intention! I didn't mind paying for them.......was willing to go up to $3000! They are still half wrapped in my garage. I feel a little guilty and confused now.

WHAT DO I DO NOW?????? THESE ARE MY POSSIBLE OPTIONS:
    1) Keep them, I ended up getting them for free. Clean them up and enjoy the sound they produce. NO..thats why I wanted a refund, they are not in the condition I am looking for.
    2) Sell them outright in the condition they are. Maybe someone would enjoy them just the way they are!
    3) Part them out on E-bay....drivers seem to be in great shape. The 044Ti are dented a little.
    4) Keep speakers for spares.
    5) Keep drivers and crossovers for spares for future use.
    6) Use them until I find another pair.
    7) Donate them.
    8) Trash.

What do I do?? I really do feel a little guilty now.

Thanks for listening, Geno

I'd say go with number 5 and hope to find a really beautiful pair in the future; you deserve it.

Actually there are a few shipping companies that will pick up and pack/palatalize for reasonable costs.

Anyhow, I'll buy the crossovers no questions asked if you decide to part them out.

formerly "the city where imagination takes precedence over fact"
    i vote #6

and hope that maybe you can run into a cabinetmaker who would be interested
    in a side restoration project...

and keep looking for the cherry pair you want...

if the cabinets are still shot on the current pair,
    if and when you manage to obtain a really nice pair....

you could bring them out for when you have parties --

and not worry too much about them

how bad are the woofer cracks? repairable?

My question is : how did the original owner come out in this transaction ?

if he/she was compensated, then there is no reason to return them. Now
    ASSUMIMG that is the case, then use and enjoy them and keep a lookout
    for replacement cabs or find someone who can make them right again...

IMHO
    Some kind of happiness is measured out in miles

if he/she was compensated, then there is no reason to return them. Now
    ASSUMIMG that is the case, then use and enjoy them and keep a lookout
    for replacement cabs or find someone who can make them right again...

IMHO
    Tom, the owner of the speakers got paid through PayPal probably the same day I originally paid for them. I can only assume that PayPal/e-Bay has some sort of insurance to cover these types of disputes.

A few years ago. I sold a motorcycle seat on e-Bay. I said it was brand new and mint. After 1 month, buyer said it was used and a piece of junk. We disputed, I won. Buyer got refunded full amount, and they did NOT want the money back from me. He had to ship me back the seat, which was damaged on purpose. I sold it on Craigslist for $100 more than what I originally sold it for on e-Bay.

The only thing I can think of is insurance?!?

could be a 'self insured' type of situation also...
    where they figure x amount of deals will go south, and not be "resolvable"
    to both parties satisfaction.... in those cases they, at their discretion,
    can resolve it, pretty much....

their % take is significant enough to work it that way....
    i would think at least....

Hi Geno

Protect yourself. Because Paypal decided that you should keep the speakers, doesn't necessarely means that the seller agrees. Send a registered letter to the seller mentionning that you will keep the speakers temporarely and that he has 10 days to arrange boxing and shipping (if he wants them back, of course). After 10 days you are no longer responsible for them. You will have proofs on your side if the seller decides to go at you.

Quote Originally Posted by Lee in Montreal View Post
    Hi Geno

Protect yourself. Because Paypal decided that you should keep the speakers, doesn't necessarely means that the seller agrees. Send a registered letter to the seller mentionning that you will keep the speakers temporarely and that he has 10 days to arrange boxing and shipping (if he wants them back, of course). After 10 days you are no longer responsible for them. You will have proofs on your side if the seller decides to go at you.
    Hey Lee..

The seller received payment and I would think that leaves him out of the equation. I hope! Don't you agree??

I think he ate it to keep the 100% rating, assuming he had one.

The normal procedure would be to ship something expensive with insurance. When it gets damaged in transit, the seller initiates a claim with the carrier. The buyer makes the damaged goods available for inspection, and a resolution is reached through the carrier. Generally, the seller would return the funds, and the insurance co. (carrier) would reimburse the seller for the amount the item was insured for, or some part thereof. Sometimes, the insurance co. takes possession of the goods, sometimes, not.

I'm guessing the seller didn't insure them, even though responsibility of safe delivery is his.

Quote Originally Posted by gmarascortt View Post
    The seller, who was a third party called, Sales Baron, "washed their hands" of the situation.
    see, the seller was not the owner. Sales Baron doesn't care, they were merely an agent,
    taking their 30 percent to make the listing and do the procedural grunt work.

the actual owner is prolly running around with his hair on fire as he has no claim in all this,
    SB most likely says "tough" and is stepping out of the deal, tho it looks as though they may
    have contributed to the damage with poor packing. And there is no clue as to who
    actually owned them ? (doubt that SB is going to be any help)
    Some kind of happiness is measured out in miles

Quote Originally Posted by Lee in Montreal View Post
    Hi Geno

Protect yourself. Because Paypal decided that you should keep the speakers, doesn't necessarely means that the seller agrees.
    I think that based on the paypal TOS, that would then be a dispute between Paypal and the seller, right?

I have interest in almost anything for spare parts,mostly the Xovers

Mark
    Changing to Legacy Audio and started with a Silver Screen HD for my center between the 250TIs

Thread Information