Thread: What to do?

What to do?

I have been offered a pair 0f 2231H bass drivers, 2x3420 compression drivers and 2x2405 slot tweeters. The vendor may also be able to locate horns and lenses. No xovers, lpads or cabinets! Any suggestions on what I could build with these would be appreciated. Would it be feasible to make L300 clones for example?

Quote Originally Posted by stephenred View Post
    Would it be feasible to make L300 clones for example?
    Absolutely!

You will want 2312 horns and 2308 lenses... and build or have someone help you build charge coupled versions of the original networks. It'll be a very rewarding project!

Widget

Thanks!

Good suggestion. I've found a couple of threads on 4333A clones and might try building those instead. Can't seem to find an L300 cabinet plan. And it looks easier! I have a techo friend who builds xovers and I will discuss your charge coupled design with him. Are there any special parts that are required?

square

the 4333 cabinet is a squared design and might be easier to implement than the sloped L300. if you are still in the acquisition mode, I suggest finding a pair of 2123 10" mids and go 4 way ( 4343/4341). The crossover (cc) designs are on this site and it makes for a great system...and the 2307 horns are a LOT easier to find...

sub'

Quote Originally Posted by subwoof View Post
    the 4333 cabinet is a squared design and might be easier to implement than the sloped L300. if you are still in the acquisition mode, I suggest finding a pair of 2123 10" mids and go 4 way ( 4343/4341). The crossover (cc) designs are on this site and it makes for a great system...and the 2307 horns are a LOT easier to find...

sub'
    Ineresting idea. I had a pair of 4344s which I loved. They were actively biamped but were a bit domestically unacceptable. Which is why I thought a 3-way might be more of a stealth approach! I also really like the sound of the 3-ways. I know of 3 pairs of L300s in Auckland, have heard them all and love the energy.

Thread Information