Are any of you familiar with the Rogue Metis preamp (or Perseus)? I recently spent some time auditioning different preamps at various stores while I was on the road. I came across Rogue's entry level tube preamp and was blown away by the sound of the unit.

I really liked the combination of the Metis preamp and a Bryston solid state amp. To me that was a very smooth, yet detailed and powerful combination. I didn’t care for most of the tube amp gear, but I really liked tube pre’s with solid amps.

I listened to several solid state preamps in the same price range and was greatly underwhelmed. Solid state preamps of a higher price were nice, but I still preferred the metis. Higher price tube gear was very nice, but not as dramatically different as i thought it would be.

Do any of you have any experience with the entry level rogue preamp gear, either Metis or Perseus? They pop up on the used/demo market from time to time at some very good prices. I thought one of these could make a nice addition for me when combined with a solid state amp.

I'd love to hear your thoughts on build quality, durability, sonics, etc. I'm not too familiar with Rogue products, so I would appreciate your input.

Brett