Thread: Kudos to Apple. Take two.

Kudos to Apple. Take two.

For reasons that evade me, I cannot have access/post to the previous topic about the same subject. Anyway, just letting othes know that I received a replacement iPod. Not a 4G, nor a 6G, but an 8G. process took around two months but was well worth it.

its a fun little thing ...I made a velcro wristband and wear it like a watch* when bike riding .and run the cord up my sleeve, keeping everything dry...can change volume with gloves on,,,through my jacket arm.

if you got the same as I did a month ago, its 6th generation , 8gb memory.

*there's like 18 different watch faces to choose from

the only downer is that they tossed it loose into a too big 1st gen box , like they didn't care. ...it's so light that it could bounce around all day in that box with no damage tho.

PLSE LETS NOT DERAIL THIS THREAD WITH APPLE TESTIMONIALS OR RANTS.... again.
    Some kind of happiness is measured out in miles

Not sure what the context for this thread is .... is it only about Nano replacement ?

Quote Originally Posted by richluvsound View Post
    Not sure what the context for this thread is .... is it only about Nano replacement ?
    No silllleee!.......it's only about what wristwatch you wear. No other discussions allowed.
    Control 25AV on the deck - L1 - L20t & L80t in piano black - 4312A - 4430

Quote Originally Posted by SEAWOLF97 View Post
    PLSE LETS NOT DERAIL THIS THREAD WITH APPLE TESTIMONIALS OR RANTS.... again.
    Hmmm... Now I get it. That's mostly why the original thread was moved to a section I couldn't access. Most likely the purgatory of derailed threads.

For those of you who missed the original thread. There was a class action against Apple (which they lost) in regard of the 1st generation 1gb Nano because some batteries were deffective and would die within 18 months. There was a worlwide recall for that 5 year old device. In exchange, participants could have a brand new and improved Nano. I got the 8gb unit while earlier claimants got the 4gb one. I am happy with mine. Gave it to my girlfriend, she will love the radio.

Hi new here and what I'm wondering Is, is anyone having trouble with the latest iTunes syncing to iPod?

Kudos to Apple.
    PLSE LETS NOT DERAIL THIS THREAD WITH APPLE TESTIMONIALS OR RANTS.... again
    The above statements confuse me. How honest can we be with each other and not be offensive? I honestly ask this with out malice:

Why would one start a thread like this?

A. To advise anyone with a like unit that if they ask for it they may get a new one and or a better one for free? OK. But, is that not a testimony of the companies support, or if it's brought up that this is the result of a class action suit that forced them to replace them, is that not a rant? Or:

B. Just to say I got something free or cool or owed? OK, what was really wanted? Some kind of recognition and or congrats? If so the close friends would offer that and it's over in a day.

If such a thread didn't wander into something else it would die in a day, so,,, where do you expect this to go?
    If we knew what the hell we were doing, we wouldn't call it research would we.

Quote Originally Posted by DaveGray View Post
    Hi new here and what I'm wondering Is, is anyone having trouble with the latest iTunes syncing to iPod?
    FWIW, I'm having no probs with iTunes 10.5.3 (3) 64 bit on my MacPro with an iPhone 4S or 2 iPods.
    iTunes on Windows is a different animal and beyond the range of the discussion here.

Your best bet is to find a specific iPod forum & compare notes there.

Check iLounge Forums - http://forums.ilounge.com/
    or the Apple support site - https://discussions.apple.com/index.jspa
    2ch: WiiM Pro; Topping E30 II DAC; Oppo, Acurus RL-11, Acurus A200, JBL Dynamics Project - Offline: L212-TwinStack, VonSchweikert VR-4
    7: TIVO, Oppo BDP103D, B&K, 2pr UREI 809A, TF600, JBL B460

The term hijack used to refer to something important like commandeering a plane ...

Quote Originally Posted by 1audiohack View Post
    The above statements confuse me. How honest can we be with each other and not be offensive? I honestly ask this with out malice:

A. To advise anyone with a like unit that if they ask for it they may get a new one and or a better one for free? OK. But, is that not a testimony of the companies support, or if it's brought up that this is the result of a class action suit that forced them to replace them, is that not a rant? Or:

B. Just to say I got something free or cool or owed? OK, what was really wanted? Some kind of recognition and or congrats? If so the close friends would offer that and it's over in a day.

If such a thread didn't wander into something else it would die in a day, so,,, where do you expect this to go?
    or train. Now it refers mainly to threads where comments don't stay on subject. A noble cause.
    Last edited by Hey19; 02-19-2012 at 04:24 PM. Reason: sp

Hadn't it been for the original post, I wouldn't have known about the class action and the replacement program. I am greatfull to Seawolf. I am now my girlfriend's hero, at least until she gets bored of her new Nano...
    BTW I never understood why each time "Apple" is mentionned, some people feel threatened in their conviction.

I had an honest response to your post , but it may have been offensive ....so I deleted it.
    Some kind of happiness is measured out in miles

Quote Originally Posted by Lee in Montreal View Post
    I never understood why each time "Apple" is mentionned, some people feel threatened in their conviction.
    About two years after I bought an Apple IIe for database management at work, in 1984 I purchased the third Macintosh sold in my town. Now, over 25-years and 15 Apples later (three kids all use them, too) I'm pretty certain the company is here to stay.

In fact, last week I purchased my first iPod for my own use, a 160GB Classic, knowing full well that icon is about due for replacement. But I love the storage capacity and got it for $175 including a case with lens to cover the window, and two cables and a charger, still in the box. Yeah, I bought one used just to tick off the folks at work who are holding Apple stock and gloating over it. Couldn't be happier.
    ". . . as you have no doubt noticed, no one told the 4345 that it can't work correctly so it does anyway."—Greg Timbers

Thread Information