Thread: AIX Records Studio Tour and Demo in Los Angeles

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

AIX Records Studio Tour and Demo in Los Angeles

Dr. Mark Waldrep kindly offers a tour and demo of his studio in West LA for our esteemed members--okay really for all of us, esteemed or not.

If you're not familiar with AIX, look here: http://aixrecords.com

I've purchased a lot of AIX's discs over the years, and the production values are very high. It's one of the few products that provides more than one mix of the music (audience and stage mixes for example) plus high rez stereo, and high definition video. A lot of the material is "live" in the sense of one pass recording. The original catalog was DVD-A, but recently MCH Bluray is the standard in house approach.

Anyway, we've agreed on Sunday, March 4th, from 10 AM to 1 PM, and he's even offering to have some sandwiches, drinks, and snacks.

I originated this event for the LA Home Theater Group, but indicated I planned to include an invitation to the Lansing Heritage members, too. If you're interested, please PM me by Feb. 17th so I can give Mark an accurate head count--I'm cleaning out space in my PM box now. I hope some of you can make it.
    Out.

Once again, I'd like to encourage forum members to contact me to attend this event. I've got six days to submit tentative attendance.

This is a rare look inside a working studio whose only product is multichannel recording, whose recording heritage is DVD-A, and whose recent efforts have been HD Blu-ray multichannel audio and video.

There will be ample opportunity to sample the music, to observe the recording techniques, and to ask any and all questions regarding methodology, equipment, standards, theory, etc. Plus there will be some food.

So far, I have two Lansing heritage members who are interested. Fortunately, I included the AVS LA Home Theater Group folks as well, and their numbers are close to a dozen. I'd really like to hit 20 for this event, since AIX is opening its doors for us and inviting us in.
    Out.

Okay, I'll bump this one more time.

For those anywhere in the SoCal area who can make a reasonable drive to West LA/Santa Monica on a Sunday morning, this is a chance to see a state of the art multichannel recording facility, see how its owner creates DVD-A and Bluray surround audio/video discs, listen to some great music, get some free food, and meet some of the more avid home theater and surround sound buffs in greater LA.

Thanks to the two who have have RSVPed, but c'mon, this opportunity is not all that common. Anyone?
    Out.

Sounds like a great opportunity that folks like us would enjoy. Wish I was closer!

Thanks!
    ". . . as you have no doubt noticed, no one told the 4345 that it can't work correctly so it does anyway."—Greg Timbers

formerly "the city where imagination takes precedence over fact"
    me too, the drive from denver to too long though...

hope you all have a blast!

Thread Information