I like having my "things" well organized. It's easier when you are looking for something. And I am a Virgo. Virgoes like organization and structure. I have some records stored in an Ikea bookshelf (and it is great) but wanted an extra strorage system. Therefore I made myself an 18" deep four-row record bin. Each row holds 125 discs. Funk 12" singles and 1970's soul LPs. It's the first time I build one and I took measurements using a single 12" sleeveless record. I thought I was generous at 12-1/2" width and it theorically was great. Not too loose, not too tight. Depth is 18" and is just perfect. So, I built the bin in 2 hours and started filling it with discs. Oups. What works great for one single disc is too tight for a bunch with plastic sleeves. I can feel some friction. Therefore, if you build one, don't settle for 12-1/2", but add an extra 1/4" instead. I'll make another next week and will report.

The Ikea shelves

My new bin

So, now I can buy 500 new records to fill up the empty spaces in the Ikea shelves. ;-)