Quote Originally Posted by Titanium Dome View Post
Every couple of years I get the urge to experience the rapture ()expressed by the vinyl aficionado, and it takes about 30 seconds of the first track on the first side to break the spell. So far I've resisted the urge to blurt out something unkind to the person who spent a few hundred to a few thousand on their vinyl analog set ups, because it does mean something to them.I still have a few hundred LPs that are not available in another format, but I rarely listen. My emotional attachment is great however, and I keep a simple vinyl system in a spare room. It's hard to listen to it for very long, but there is some great music that will never be on another medium. I suppose I could rip the files and be done with it, but at least with the physical vinyl it's obvious why those extraneous sounds are there.
I could go for a rapture right about now, any kind will do.
Better get some of these puppies.

Name:  AftertheRapturebig.jpg
Views: 716
Size:  250.4 KB

Quote Originally Posted by 4313B View Post
I have to confess that I've never found vinyl surface noise or tape hiss charming.Someday I do hope to get all my vinyl transferred to flat files where it belongs. The best part of vinyl, the cover art, will be a real shame to lose. I guess I could scan all the covers in and make a screensaver.
Very true on both counts. I'm not crazy about the pops & hiss but thats to be expected to a certain extent.

Quote Originally Posted by Lee in Montreal View Post
I have a long list of CDs that sound much worst than their vinyl counterpart. No bass, no highs, and very muddy.
Popcorn on vinyl reminds me that as human we all wear out too and aren't perfect.
Absolutely ! I remember the first copy of King Crimson's Discipline I purchased of cd, it frankly sucked! The second version I purchased years later was an improvement & I havent ventured to get a third, the record sounded much better.