Just out of curiosity.
Let`s face it, there are no "perfect" speakers, acoustic environments or combinations thereof.
I`ve yet to encounter a speaker exhibiting a perfect frequency response and if one actually did exist, all that perfection would be negated the moment it`s placed in any acoustic environment.

Personally, I have no problems whatsoever in applying a judicious measure of equalization, preferably in parametric form, as standard ISO centered frequencies found on grahics rarely coincide with frequencies of interest. The same would apply to simple tone controls, they can work well to counter non linear human hearing responses.

I find it amusing that among the audiophile crowd, such logic and practices are frowned upon and avoided like the Black Plague arguing that the signal integrity is compromised thereby diminishing the quality of audio.
Equally amusing, they would`nt hesitate to drop thousands of dollars on cryogenically treated power cables and wall plates etc. to tune their system when a good old bass or treble tweak would more than likely yield a satisfactory result, but I digress

I`ve been running flat for quite some time. Was it perfect, no but I did`nt feel the need for any compensation, but that may very well change when I get the 4425s up and running.

So what are your thoughts on this, do you consider this practice to be logical or blasphemous?