Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: JBL L100T, Restoring and Upgrading!

Quote Originally Posted by blugosi View Post
    hi and thanks for welcoming me to the forum. I mentioned the crossover because ramin kept posting that he was going to have his crossover rebuilt. I wanted to say to him that instead of just having the old one rebuilt, that the t3 really made a difference, and yes, it is all over the internet about the t3.
    Hi and Welcome.

I gave the speakers to a pro and he is designing and making new crossovers for them. I haven't got them back yet, but I expect the new xo's to be an upgrade even over the T3's xo.

Quote Originally Posted by blugosi View Post
    I made a few internal mods by adding sheets of roofing patch material to the sides of all the panels. That, and the bracing and stuffing changes all contribute to a more articulate bass response. The sheets are very thin, and a couple layers really have no effect on cabinet volume in a negative way.
    Wow! That seems to be a very good idea. Could you please specify on what exactly you used. I may order some from Home Depot, if you give me the brand and their type.

Did you glue them to the walls?

Quote Originally Posted by pathfindermwd View Post
    You mentioned that you changed the port length as well. I have recently read about someone else having doing this also, how does it affect the sound? Where did you put the 1" wooden blocks, and were they screwed in or simply glued?

I've always wondered why the port can't be put on the top of the speaker facing the ceiling.
    Cause it would blow your drink off the top. However, I would not change the cabinet on any order.

Quote Originally Posted by dawoofer View Post
    Cause it would blow your drink off the top. However, I would not change the cabinet on any order.

You may have realized by now that you are replying to a post that is almost a year old, NTTAWWT.
    ". . . as you have no doubt noticed, no one told the 4345 that it can't work correctly so it does anyway."—Greg Timbers

JBL L100T Cabinet

My L100T cabinets were destroyed by a flood. Does anybody know where these cabinets are sold? Also, where can I get cabinet specs (dimensions, speaker/duct placements, etc)? Any help would be highly appreciated. Thanks. God bless!

Quote Originally Posted by natsup5548 View Post
    My L100T cabinets were destroyed by a flood. Does anybody know where these cabinets are sold? Also, where can I get cabinet specs (dimensions, speaker/duct placements, etc)? Any help would be highly appreciated. Thanks. God bless!
    The Cabinets are not sold separately ... building a fresh pair would be your best bet -
    if you still have the drivers, don't you have the old flood-damaged cabinets to model from?
    2ch: WiiM Pro; Topping E30 II DAC; Oppo, Acurus RL-11, Acurus A200, JBL Dynamics Project - Offline: L212-TwinStack, VonSchweikert VR-4
    7: TIVO, Oppo BDP103D, B&K, 2pr UREI 809A, TF600, JBL B460

Thread Information