Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: JBL L100T, Restoring and Upgrading!

He says those tweeters are blown. These are a pair:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/JBL-035TIA-T...item256b2af918

there are several for sale on ebay. I wouldn't buy the one's that are "copy's".

Quote Originally Posted by pathfindermwd View Post
    He says those tweeters are blown.
    I just saw that too. Thanks for catching it. I should read more carefully or maybe just read
    Control 25AV on the deck - L1 - L20t & L80t in piano black - 4312A - 4430

Quote Originally Posted by Jonis View Post
    I just saw that too. Thanks for catching it. I should read more carefully or maybe just read
    Lol, well I saw $45 with 2 hrs left and I was like...

How about a pair of 052Ti?

Quote Originally Posted by ramin_audio View Post
    Never heard of them!

Ok, I've never heard them.

Dood! What is wrong with the 035ti?? What is wrong with the L100T? Why is this beloved speaker so easy to hack up? LOL! I guess it's not expensive enough! If they were $2500 a pair, no-one would want to do anything to them but polish them and listen. I think you should start with simply restoring/improving the speaker before trying to make it into something else.

Sure... it's your money!

The L-Pads on my L100S. I think the poster may be implementing them on his new x-over design also.
    Thanks I was wondering what was going on

Rob
    "I could be arguing in my spare time"

Never heard of them!

Ok, I've never heard them.

Dood! What is wrong with the 035ti?? What is wrong with the L100T? Why is this beloved speaker so easy to hack up? LOL! I guess it's not expensive enough! If they were $2500 a pair, no-one would want to do anything to them but polish them and listen. I think you should start with simply restoring/improving the speaker before trying to make it into something else.

Sure... it's your money!
    ... No, no... I need a 035Ti or a replacement for my other JBL. One tweeter is blown.

I wanted 044Ti for the L100T, but changed my mind.

Two different issues.

... No, no... I need a 035Ti or a replacement for my other JBL. One tweeter is blown.

I wanted 044Ti for the L100T, but changed my mind.

Two different issues.

Did you check the Ebay options?

Did you check the Ebay options?
    Yep... no luck yet.

You are 70 posts along on this thread in 12 days -
    5 pages in and apparently nothing has been accomplished.
    You can spend as much money as you like reworking a pair of L100T speakers -
    but there is only so much you can get out of that set of drivers.
    If you spend too much on a mid-price speaker, you'll never get it back again ...

If you want better, start with a newer stack of parts,
    get a better model of speaker, start with a better design ...

But whatever you to do, friend -
    there's no need to drag us along on your train wreck ...

Post pictures when you are done,
    but its probably best to work quietly offline until you are done.

Hello Friends,

I have just brought home a pair of JBL L100T's.
    The speakers are generally in good condition. I want to restore them completely and upgrade the crossover.
    I need some help here.

1- The surrounds in the woofers are gone! Can I re-foam them myself?
    (Where can I buy the kit for it?)

2- The cone in one of them is very slightly out of shape as you can see in this photo:

Attachment 54472

Is there a problem at all?

3- How can I get a new crossover for these?

4- The cabinets seem to be solid and it is heavy. Can a good bracing make any improvement?

5- The veneer is dirty. How can I clean it?

I really appreciate your replies to any of these questions.

Regards,
    Ram
    2ch: WiiM Pro; Topping E30 II DAC; Oppo, Acurus RL-11, Acurus A200, JBL Dynamics Project - Offline: L212-TwinStack, VonSchweikert VR-4
    7: TIVO, Oppo BDP103D, B&K, 2pr UREI 809A, TF600, JBL B460

But whatever you to do, friend -
    there's no need to drag us along on your train wreck ...
    Awe come on! This place famous for Train Wrecks!! Why stop now.

Rob
    "I could be arguing in my spare time"

Just wanted to say, that your rebuilt crossover should have the values of the t3 crossover, and not just better components on your existing crossover. I have read the entire thread, and i didnt see anyone mentioning it, but i could have missed it........I have recently restored a pair of the L80t with the t3 crossover, and even to my old ears it made a noticible very positive difference, a more balanced sound, i would not want to switch back to the old crossover. I have made some other simple changes to the stuffing inside and the cabinet walls, and port length, but have kept the origional drivers and appearance, as i still want it to be an L80t. I would like to add my 2cents and say that I think it is ok to use proven methods of improving the sound to your liking, with the origional drivers. Then if you do not like what you hear, I dont think you will have a problem selling. .......i had to put cages around the speakers to keep my 3 cats from using them as scratching posts.
    Attached Images Attached Images    

Quote Originally Posted by blugosi View Post
    Just wanted to say, that your rebuilt crossover should have the values of the t3 crossover, and not just better components on your existing crossover. I have read the entire thread, and i didnt see anyone mentioning it, but i could have missed it........I have recently restored a pair of the L80t with the t3 crossover, and even to my old ears it made a noticible very positive difference, a more balanced sound, i would not want to switch back to the old crossover. I have made some other simple changes to the stuffing inside and the cabinet walls, and port length, but have kept the origional drivers and appearance, as i still want it to be an L80t. I would like to add my 2cents and say that I think it is ok to use proven methods of improving the sound to your liking, with the origional drivers. Then if you do not like what you hear, I dont think you will have a problem selling. .......i had to put cages around the speakers to keep my 3 cats from using them as scratching posts.
    Hi blugosi, welcome the the forum! I think someone has mentioned the T3 crossover, but if it hasn't been reinforced it's probably just because it has been mentioned many time before on other L100T threads. How did each of you mods change the sound?

hi and thanks for welcoming me to the forum. I mentioned the crossover because ramin kept posting that he was going to have his crossover rebuilt. I wanted to say to him that instead of just having the old one rebuilt, that the t3 really made a difference, and yes, it is all over the internet about the t3........I made a few internal mods by adding sheets of roofing patch material to the sides of all the panels. That, and the bracing and stuffing changes all contribute to a more articulate bass response. The sheets are very thin, and a couple layers really have no effect on cabinet volume in a negative way. The bracing is just a couple wood blocks 1" square. I read a thread about modifications another person made, he moved the port opening to the front by cutting a hole, i am sure that works very well, a person could also first try putting pillows behind the cabinet where the port exits, which is what i have done.

Quote Originally Posted by blugosi View Post
    hi and thanks for welcoming me to the forum. I mentioned the crossover because ramin kept posting that he was going to have his crossover rebuilt. I wanted to say to him that instead of just having the old one rebuilt, that the t3 really made a difference, and yes, it is all over the internet about the t3........I made a few internal mods by adding sheets of roofing patch material to the sides of all the panels. That, and the bracing and stuffing changes all contribute to a more articulate bass response. The sheets are very thin, and a couple layers really have no effect on cabinet volume in a negative way. The bracing is just a couple wood blocks 1" square. I read a thread about modifications another person made, he moved the port opening to the front by cutting a hole, i am sure that works very well, a person could also first try putting pillows behind the cabinet where the port exits, which is what i have done.
    You mentioned that you changed the port length as well. I have recently read about someone else having doing this also, how does it affect the sound? Where did you put the 1" wooden blocks, and were they screwed in or simply glued?

I've always wondered why the port can't be put on the top of the speaker facing the ceiling.

Thread Information