Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: 4345 4355 networks

Quote Originally Posted by Hans Bleeker View Post
    I ment the inductors as you can see in one of the schematics in this post, 4313 made that network without the replacement inductors for the tapped transformer, I use the drivers as in these schematics as in this post,........
    Hi Hans Bleeker,

Is it as in this post:
    http://www.audioheritage.org/vbullet...l=1#post346533

or something else

Regards
    Ivica

Quote Originally Posted by ivica View Post
    Hi Hans Bleeker,

Is it as in this post:
    http://www.audioheritage.org/vbullet...l=1#post346533

or something else

Regards
    Ivica

Yep thats the what I call the coilless network, and in post #8 is the coiled version .
    I'm curently at the point where I'm gone make that non coiled version again, I mis things in the dynamic range that 4313's filter did. I can't remember if I tried the 2446 / coated driver combo with that network. Its very easy to make the mistake after trying many different things to relate a problem to the wrong cause, So I need to know for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Hans Bleeker View Post
    Yep thats the what I call the coilless network, and in post #8 is the coiled version .
    I'm curently at the point where I'm gone make that non coiled version again, I mis things in the dynamic range that 4313's filter did. I can't remember if I tried the 2446 / coated driver combo with that network. Its very easy to make the mistake after trying many different things to relate a problem to the wrong cause, So I need to know for sure.
    Hi Hans Bleeker,

Thanks for your answer.
    I have tried moving R18 just after C7, and putting 2.2uF "paralleled" with L6. That would produce steeper HF low-pass over 10kHz, lowering 2241 - 2405 comb filter effect.

Regards
    Ivica

Wel, the jury has reached a verdict 4313B is guilty of making the best of the two networks
    What I did is use one network of each type at the same time, one left one right and listen to mono signal . Then it was quickly noticed what the difference is. Had I never heared that network I would have been totaly happy with the original replacement network.
    The side with 4313's network instantly opened up a lot, its like the original network drives while the parking brake is still on.
    The faint rough edge im talking about is in between the 2202 and the 2446, but that can easaly be the horn that i'm using, I like that horn a lot btw. Also it can be that sinds that network is more revealing it shows a shortcomming somewhere else in the chain that stays hidden with that parking brake on

Picture is what I use as test setup although I use it with the 2235 now, W15Gti was as start test version, I must say the W15 isnt as horrid as some people say here but it doesnt integrate as the 2235 does, logical in my opinion, Im thinking of letting it run in paralell with the 2235 till 100Hz , same way as the 4435 did, the low that W15 makes is stunning in that region (in a 225L enclosure).

Attached Images Attached Images  

Quote Originally Posted by 4313B View Post

The L-Pad board in the photo above was for the 4344 MkII network that I also tried. The compression driver has the 1.0 mH 7.5 ohm DCR coil across its terminals and the 2123H has the 3.5 mH 7.5 ohm DCR coil across its terminals as per Greg's schematic.

Sorry for discussing this old thread, but could you please verify:

The L-Pad board of the 3155 network looks different to this one, right?
    I can`t see any of these 1.0mh & 3.5mh 7.5ohm DCR coils in the 3155 equivalent schematic, have I missed something ?

The schematic above your question is the version 4313b made.
    This is the GT version , the replacement network with coils instead of autoformers and no cc.

O mixed up two things here , well you did, you are looking at the 4355 networks now, thats totaly different from the 4344,

This is the file containing the 4344 network.

Is this schematic for 3155 or 4344 ?

Thats the 3155 replacement filter from GT, I linked the 4344 in my previous post as pdf.

Thanks a lot for your help allready!!

I have a few questions to the GT-version;

- why is the 0,07mh coil in series with the 2405-slotdriver ?? (same for the 0,14mh coil in the midrange...)
    - are there any L-Pads provided ?
    - do these resistor-values adjust sensitity of the horndrivers with the 12" midcone driver without the L-Pads ?

I have to say this schematic looks quiet different to 4313bīs equivalent network!
    Iīm actually confused...
    I thought 4313b just doubled capacitor values and quantity to charge couple them, but the actual valueīs differ significant. I figured resistor values would be about the same in both schematics, but they are totally different

Those coils in GT's network are the replacement values for the autoformers, they work in conjuction with the paralell ones,
    4313b made an entire new network thats 4dB hotter . I have made both versions and both have their own magic, the Original from GT is more laid back, little bit but more holographic, 4313b is more open more life little less holographic and both have great soundstage..
    And yes, the L-pads are in the usual spot, just not in the drawing.

Thanks a lot for your explanation of GTīs network!

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.db View Post

Sorry for discussing this old thread, but could you please verify:

The L-Pad board of the 3155 network looks different to this one, right?
    I can`t see any of these 1.0mh & 3.5mh 7.5ohm DCR coils in the 3155 equivalent schematic, have I missed something ?

If I stick with 4313bīs version of the 3155, their are no such coils infront of the L-pads with 7.5ohm DCR, right ?

If I don`t want to charge couple, all I have to change is the capacitor values?
    For example;
    C11(2uf) and C9(2uf) become 1uf in total
    and
    C10(3,6uf) and C12(3,6uf) become 1,8uf in total...?

Or does anything else changes by this revision?

That is correct, series C's have haf the capacaty, so 2x2 becomes 1 en 2 times 3.6 becomes 1.8.

I dont see where you found that coil with 7,5Ohm DCR, Dont see it in the schematic. And you need a serious amount of wire to get a coil to 7.5Dcr

I guess these 3,5mh and 1,0mh 7.5ohm DCR coils had been used in the 4344 just across the L-Pads.
    See the foto I posted, there are two coils infront of the L-Pads.
    I think I confound things as these seem to belong to the 4344 network instead of the 4355 network.

7,5 ohm DCR on a coil would be quite unusual...wasn't it combined with a resistor placed in series?

Thread Information