Thread: Denon 295

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Denon 295

Hello Forum-- my first post. I have recently been very fortunate to discover Denon SLDC technology, Ultrasone HFI 680 headphones and if that wasn't enough, Beatles 2009 remasters. While my L19's sound real good w/ the SLDC there really is no comparison w/ the HFI's( these phones use something amazing called SLogic+). I am thinking then of upgrading to a more modern technology spkr that might even approach the hphones. Not necessarily a new spkr though as JBL L1's and L20t's have gotten my attention. The 2 on ebay now have both had some holes drilled in them( the L1's on the bottom and the L20t's on the back) for mounting purposes. I am wondering if this could be a prob. My speakers are placed about 4 1/2 ft away at about a 140 degree configuration and I listen at a very moderate volume. Any comments or comparisons of the speakers would be appreciated.

I am thinking of going to a different model Denon as well. I have the DRA 395 now but have developed an affection for the 295. The prob is that the 295 has no loudness/ bassboost function. Whether on the phones or speakers I have found this function nececarry about 85% of the time. The 395 has a button while earlier DRA's-- some of them w/ SLDC-- used a variable loudness knob. Is it poss to remedy this w/ a pre-amp of some sort?

MO on the Beatles 2009 Remasters-- it is remarkable( w/ a very few exceptions) what has been done w/ the 1st 3 Albums and V1 of Past Masters. Don't bother w/ the others.
    Last edited by roscoe; 01-03-2012 at 08:11 PM. Reason: Punctuation

Thread Information