I'm having real difficulties getting my L100S's to perform well at my girlfriends place. Her living room is large with laminate hardwood flooring. There is is a real lack of bass, and an abundance of mid-range, which seems very scattered. Turning down the L-pads seems to have little effect to clean up the sound. I know that hardwood flooring can cause alot of reflections, and that an area rug would really help.
You can see that I have picked up the speakers with boxes, this has helped the reflections a little. I wonder if the lack of bass has to do with the length of the wall behind the speakers, providing little boundary reinforcement, as compared to how my set up is at home, or do the high ceilings also play a role? The room is much larger than my living room at home, and I almost wonder if the speakers are simply too small for this room. I attach a few pics so that you can get a better idea of the layout. If I did not know what these speakers were capable of, I would think that they were completely incompetent, but I know that is not the case. What effort can I make that would do the most good?

Name:  Picture0001.jpg
Views: 793
Size:  39.8 KBName:  Picture0002.jpg
Views: 674
Size:  41.5 KBName:  Picture0003.jpg
Views: 838
Size:  31.5 KB