Thread: 2350 horn sideways

2350 horn sideways

The 2350 horns have a wide spread and I found that in my room, the mids were boucing all over the place before even reaching me. So I turned them 90° and find the image much nicer. Works for me. ;-)
    Attached Images Attached Images   

JBLGUY
    Some times it's amazing what crazy thing will sound better or good different. Sure why not if it works in your room/listening position or area.........go for it. I have always found that perfect or correct is sometimes not always the most desirable listening wise.
    You know...like flat isn't necessarily the best sounding. So Ii say if it sounds good...then it is good. Thats the whole point to this in the end IMO.
    Your speakers look pretty nice. I have never had the pleasure to hear those bass cabinets.
    I bet they sound great as that is what I have observed folks say about those.
    What electronics do you power it all with?

JBL also rotated its horns on the Array serie. For a PA system, a wide sweep is fine. At home, the standing horns sound much better. As for electronics, I have two Yamaha PC2002 for the bass (one channel per driver), one Yamaha P2200 for the mids and one Yamaha PC1002 for the tweeters. Behringer DCX2496 to split frequencies and DBX120a to interpolate the bottom octave.

Slick pics! I can get a pair of those 2350's w/throats for 350US, should I get them? I think mostly for play material, I have some 2352's showing up today.
    You like this better than your lens setup?

2350 horns have a different sound from the 2395 lenses which is different from 2397. I love them all. The 2350 is fuller in the lower range while the 2395 has that sizzle. The 2397 is transparent, as if it wasn't there.

Thread Information