+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: JBL EVEREST DD55000 So close but so far.......

  1. #1
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    San Jose,Ca.
    Posts
    146

    JBL EVEREST DD55000 So close but so far.......

    Well my all time JBL speaker of desire has been the Everest DD55000, and this past week I missed a pair for sale within 50 miles of me by one day

    I couldn't believe the ad when I saw it, and man was I bummed when the seller told me that some one put a deposit on them the day before.

    It probably would not have hurt so much if I missed them by a month or something, but ONE day........OH the agony.

    No point to this post other than sharing how close I came to getting my dream speakers.

    I guess we all have suffered from the "one that got away"

  2. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    SoCal, USA
    Posts
    8,895


    Ouch! Maybe the buyer's wife will say "No way! Get those out of my house." Make sure the original seller knows how to reach you.

    This is how I got my original set of Performance Series gear (at less than 15% of cost).
    In.

  3. #3
    RIP 2013 Rolf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Skien, Norway
    Posts
    2,322
    Your dream speaker? Well, to my ears the DD55000 has a lot missing. So my advice is to look for some 4 way 43XX models. Those are much easier to upgrade than the DD55000. Just my opininion.
    It's really all about music.
    Rolf

  4. #4
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    SC
    Posts
    56
    Quote Originally Posted by Titanium Dome View Post


    Ouch! Maybe the buyer's wife will say "No way! Get those out of my house." Make sure the original seller knows how to reach you.

    This is how I got my original set of Performance Series gear (at less than 15% of cost).
    I got lucky like that buying a boat one time. I contacted the seller who was out of town at the time. I agreed to meet them the next day. Followed a car into their housing division, down their street & into their driveway. The guy in front of me decided to buy the boat. I left the seller my contact info in case the deal fell through. Got a call the next week & got my Boston Whaler.

  5. #5
    Senior Member herve M's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    france
    Posts
    330
    Quote Originally Posted by Rolf View Post
    Your dream speaker? Well, to my ears the DD55000 has a lot missing. So my advice is to look for some 4 way 43XX models. Those are much easier to upgrade than the DD55000. Just my opininion.

    Rolf disagree, every one has a different opinion;
    For me, the4 3XX are out of date.Everest sound has not aged him.What is new model even more musical?

  6. #6
    RIP 2013 Rolf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Skien, Norway
    Posts
    2,322
    Why the ? I respect that you mean that the 43XX is not to your liking, but that is not a reason for me to like them and me. I an sure that if you visiting me, with my modified 4343B's, you would have a different opinion. Cheers.

    Quote Originally Posted by herve M View Post
    Rolf disagree, every one has a different opinion;
    For me, the4 3XX are out of date.Everest sound has not aged him.What is new model even more musical?
    It's really all about music.
    Rolf

  7. #7
    Senior Member richluvsound's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    london england
    Posts
    1,963
    Rolf ,

    yours are modified . I would modify the Everest too . The old conical horns honk, the directivity is too narrow for my liking ,but they were never designed for hifi . Fixed position reference was the design brief .

    I would love to hear that Everest horn with Beryllium behind it .

    Rich

  8. #8
    RIP 2013 Rolf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Skien, Norway
    Posts
    2,322
    Quote Originally Posted by richluvsound View Post
    Rolf ,

    yours are modified . I would modify the Everest too . The old conical horns honk, the directivity is too narrow for my liking ,but they were never designed for hifi . Fixed position reference was the design brief .

    I would love to hear that Everest horn with Beryllium behind it .

    Rich
    Me to, but there are very few DD55000 in Norway. Don't know who.
    It's really all about music.
    Rolf

  9. #9
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Ireland
    Posts
    1,216
    How much did they sell for then?

  10. #10
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    San Jose,Ca.
    Posts
    146
    They sold for 5000$

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Everest DD55000
    By Zilch in forum Lansing Product General Information
    Replies: 33
    Last Post: 07-29-2007, 05:16 PM
  2. JBL EVEREST DD55000
    By joaoneves in forum Lansing Product DIY Forum
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 06-01-2007, 08:50 AM
  3. DD55000 Everest
    By Techbot in forum System Information
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 07-14-2005, 08:26 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts