Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Tractrix Horn Help

Quote Originally Posted by Sootshe View Post
    Thanks Lee,You can easily get hoodwinked with some of these components & their claimed responses. I would agree that the response would only be flat to 6K after viewing these graphs & from there starts to fall away. This at least gives me a starting point to determine where to bring the tweeter in.Makes you wonder what the real response of the GPA 390 driver is......they claim 300-7K, but again, no parameters of the response deviation within this range. Whatever the case, looks like the 399 will be suitable if I run 3 way & cross over around 6-7K, so I'm sure the horn will cope with this OK.Thanks,John
    I'm fairly certain that GPA isn't out to "hoodwink" anyone. They have a pretty impeccable reputation, actually. And most people seem to think that their drivers improve upon Altec originals in just about every instance. Just give Bill Hanuschak there a call and he'll tell you everything you want to know -- and more. I do agree (and he has said) that some of the GPA product literature is not as complete as it could be.

Quote Originally Posted by cosmos View Post
    If you build it, it's going to look pretty much or exactly like these.
    OMG ... gorgeous!

(I admit this response does not add a lot to the technical discussion here. )

Red face

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Hodgson View Post
    I'm fairly certain that GPA isn't out to "hoodwink" anyone. They have a pretty impeccable reputation, actually. And most people seem to think that their drivers improve upon Altec originals in just about every instance. Just give Bill Hanuschak there a call and he'll tell you everything you want to know -- and more. I do agree (and he has said) that some of the GPA product literature is not as complete as it could be.
    Jim,

Sorry, didn't mean to throw any slight on GPA. I have the utmost respect for them & the products they produce. It's amazing they are producing the original Altec drivers for us to enjoy. Just meant that the specs don't always tell the full story.

As I've already said, I'll be going with the GPA drivers when I get the horns finished, so you can't get a better recommendation than that.

Thanks for your input,
    John

Thread Information