Thread: AKG K350 Earbuds, couldn't take the apple buds anymore

AKG K350 Earbuds, couldn't take the apple buds anymore

just couldn't take the apple buds falling out and sounding so so, harmanaudio had these for $80, $100 MSRP, claim high quality audio with the mic capability for the phone calls

quick google found em on clearance off Best Buy.com for $37.98.+ tax, no shipping so I took the plunge (they still have other colors but range from $50-66 depending on the color, strangley?)

Name:  K350CRM.gif
Views: 1114
Size:  14.8 KB

arrived friday. at first, thought they sounded tinny, but I changed the rubber surrounds to the largest one, and inserting a bit more by pulling my ear up first, and the balance COMPLETELY changed to full rich detailed, some of the nicest buds I've heard (have listened to the $1K Graco's btw). I have my QC15 for the plane and office, but for the treadmill etc, these are keepers, amazing for under $40. I have a similar pair of sony that I bought for $40 4 yrs ago and they are a joke by comparison.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Performance Series 5.1/1990s L1.L5.L7/L100A
    http://adsoftheworld.com/media/tv/ac...cuses_tube_amp

I don't get along with the fit of Apple earbuds either but I found these Altec BackBeat 206 Plus for $7.99 shipped that work surprisingly well and are very comfortable.
    Name:  uhs206_pkg.jpg
Views: 942
Size:  25.6 KB
    ". . . as you have no doubt noticed, no one told the 4345 that it can't work correctly so it does anyway."—Greg Timbers

the trick when inserting IEM's is to reach over the top of your head (ie: use right hand for left ear) and pull up on the ear top and then insert with other hand ....

if they are not solidly IN, the sound is not good.
    Some kind of happiness is measured out in miles

Quote Originally Posted by JBLAddict View Post
    just couldn't take the apple buds falling out .....inserting a bit more by pulling my ear up first, and the balance COMPLETELY changed to full rich detailed
    Quote Originally Posted by SEAWOLF97 View Post
    the trick when inserting IEM's is to reach over the top of your head (ie: use right hand for left ear) and pull up on the ear top and then insert with other hand ....

if they are not solidly IN, the sound is not good.
    absolutely, the key with the buds. I tried the same with Apple's stock and still couldn't get them to stay without lots of pain from that hard plastic wedged against cartlidge. when I do the same with my $40 sony's they still have none of the detail of the AKG, not even close, so I know they are priced in the $80-100 range for some actual audio technology. I was going to buy them for harman's $80 discount rate, which they sell for all over the net as well, but seeing the chrome finish at BB for under $40 made the decision a no-brainer, especially since IMO they're the nicest looking of the bunch compared to the other colors BB is selling for so much more? I see the chrome's are gone, an only the mauve, blue, white remain
    Performance Series 5.1/1990s L1.L5.L7/L100A
    http://adsoftheworld.com/media/tv/ac...cuses_tube_amp

Thread Information