Quote Originally Posted by Doc Mark View Post
Hi, Heather,

WOW!! I'll miss seeing those L200 3-ways in your photos, my friend! Did you get tired of the horns, as they were setup in that system? Good luck in finding your perfect system, and I look forward to seeing what it turns out to be!! Take care, and God Bless!

Every Good Wish,
Doc
I never tired of the horns - they still sound sweeter than the stock metal trumpets, (the metal trumpets can get tiring!)
and the walnut horns are even better with the 2445J pro drivers compared to the stock 2420/2425 small drivers.

But I've been on a downsizing path for a while - I have 5 large speaker systems in the house
(Vandersteen 3As, plus Vandersteen 2CE & 2CIs on the downstairs system, plus 3 large systems upstairs)
and I really just want to listen to the music - not collect hardware.

But it's one thing to find a buyer for a factory based system, but a custom system can be harder to sell
as there are personal choices made in how all the drivers and components mix together,
It may be hard to find someone that appreciates the choices and the sound the same way you do.
Its not always easy to get a decent return on the parts that went into such a system.
I think that's why a lot of folks part out their system when they decide to sell.

Anyway, one friend had heard the system a couple times over the last few months, he'd bought some of my spares,
and had been playing with them, and really took a liking to the way the pieces sounded together.

I had a small listening party today because some friends had been wanting to hear the UREIs I've been talking about recently -
and afterwards, he made an offer we are both happy with ...

Plus it will be nice to get some clutter out of the music room ...

Doesn't mean I'll stop buying speakers (I'd like to try a pair of UREI 15s next) ...
but my direction is a bit different than it was.